Monday, March 2, 2020

A Fun St. Patrick's Day Treat Box made to hold Little Debbies and MUCH MUCH MORE


March is here and I'm excited for Spring.  But before we jump into the Spring celebrations, it is important to give some love to St. Patrick's Day.  Stampin Up does not offer a lot of options for the holiday but I was excited to come up with two projects that use the FROM THE HEART SUITE.  That's right. The amazing Valentine's Day Suite you've put up on the shelf until next year?  Break it out TODAY and make some adorable treats for all your favorite leprechaun lovers.  You will need the "So lucky to have a friend like you" sentiment.



I also used the STITCHED BE MINE dies from the Annual Catalog. I used the heart die to make tiny hearts to create my shamrock.


Let's start with the box.  I used GRANNY APPLE GREEN card stock to make my box but CALL ME CLOVER card stock is also a good choice.  The card stock is cut at 8-1/2in by 7in.  On the short side, score at 1-1/4in on both ends. On the long side, score at 2-1/4in, 3-1/2in, 5-3/4in and 7. Below is the template showing how the box looks after scoring, creasing and cutting.


Next are the panels for the front and top of the box.  First I cut three panels of CALL ME CLOVER card stock. (4-1/4in by 1in, 4-1/4in by 1-1/4in, 4-1/4in by 2in).  Before adhering them to the box, adhere panels of GRANNY APPLE GREEN gingham DSP from the 2018-2020 6 X 6 DESIGNER SERIES PAPER PACK. The picture below shows GRAPEFRUIT GROVE DSP but the pack contains these designs in all five INCOLORS.  These panels are cut at 4in by 3/4in, 4in by 1in and 4in by 1-3/4in.


Here is a picture of the inside of the open box and YES that's a St. Patrick's Little Debbies Cake.


Below is a video tutorial showing how the box is put together.




If you have any questions about this or any project on my blog, please don't hesitate to email me (blreed@comcast.net) or message me.  If you are interested in any of the products shown in my projects, you can go to my online store to purchase them.  Just click below.






Thanks again and Keep Stamping,
Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper




























No comments:

Post a Comment