Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Preparing for the New Catalog Launch Party



Since coming back from OnStage in Salt Lake City, I have been so excited to share the products in the new 2016-2017 Stampin' Up Annual Catalog with all my customers.  Each year our team has an Open House, where customers can come, receive their new catalogs, and get a chance to try out some of the new products.  This year I wanted to design a card that really showed off the beautiful Incolors and I think I was successful.

I was lucky enough to win the Moroccan Nights Stamp Set (141718) at OnStage.  The Incolors are just gorgeous.  I couldn't decide which to use so I made one of each.  EMERALD ENVY, DAPPER DENIM, FLIRTY FLAMINGO, PEEKABOO PEACH and SWEET SUGARPLUM.  OH MY!!!

I started with a card base 5 1/2 in. by 8 1/2 in. scored at 4 1/4 in.  For the card front I used a piece of Whisper White card stock measuring 4 in. by 5 1/4 in.  Using the Incolor of your choice, stamp the medallion image in a random fashion, covering the entire piece of card stock.  On a scrap of Whisper White, stamp one of the lantern images in the same color and "fussy cut" it out.  Using a 1 in. by 4 1/4 in. strip of Basic Black card stock, emboss your sentiment on the right end of the strip using white embossing powder.  I used the THANKS sentiment from the Watercolor Wishes Card Kit (140406). To assemble the card, I adhered the Whisper White panel to the front of my card base with snail adhesive.  Then I adhered the black strip across the front of the card about an inch from the bottom.  I used dimensionals to adhere the lantern to the black strip beside the embossed sentiment. 

My guests will love making this card and it will be a great way to show off those beautiful new Incolors.  I'm so excited to share.  If you don't have a Stampin' Up demonstrator and would like to learn more about these products, email me at blreed@comcast.net and I'll be glad to answer any questions or send you a catalog.

4 comments:

  1. I adore these cards Barb! So happy to see them on your blog. Stunning. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look beautiful! Congratulations on the launch of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. I'm looking forward to the launch of the new catalog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cards, congrats on your new blog it looks great

    ReplyDelete