Monday, October 16, 2023

MONDAY FUN DAY with The Wexford Stamper- Let's make some quick cards using scraps and Stampin Up Adhesive Sheets

 


Happy Monday Stampers!!! I have some fun projects for you today.  I've been cutting and prepping for my latest subscription card kits and I have a ton of scraps lying around.  This month, the kit used the JOY OF CHRISTMAS SUITE and scraps are from the amazing JOY OF CHRISTMAS DSP PACK.




The secret ingredient for these cards are the STAMPIN' UP ADHESIVE SHEETS.  They make the panels on the front of the cards so easy to make.


Before creating the projects, I put together all the front panels.  I start with a piece of card stock cut at 4in by 2-3/4in.  It really didn't matter what color the panel is, the scrap strips will cover it.  Next cut a similar size panel of an ADHESIVE SHEET.  Separate the layers and adhere the "sticky side" of the sheet on to the card stock panel.  Then peel off the backing, leaving the adhesive on the card stock.

Cut a number of 1/2in strips from the scraps of DSP.  For my projects, I created three different designs but the sky's the limit.  After placing the strips, cut away the excess DSP and layer it on a coordinating piece of card stock measuring 4-1/4in by 3in.


Once you finish the panels, you're almost done.  Choose another coordinating color card stock measuring 5-1/2in by 8-1/4in, scored at 4-1/4in for the card base.  Layer the panel in the center of the card front.

For the sentiment piece, use what you have.  I used punches I had in my stash, the 2in CIRCLE PUNCH and SCALLOP and the HANDMADE TAG.  For the sentiments, I used the BRIGHTEST GLOW STAMP SET.  This is a great set to have on hand for all your Christmas cards and projects.


To finish up the sentiment pieces, I added some greenery from the JOY OF NOEL DIES.  So quick and simple.  I just love this design.

If you know me well enough, you know that every post has to include a fun 3D project.  I used one of the panels created for the cards to make a cute little clam shell box.

Start with a piece of REAL RED card stock, measuring 7-1/4in by 11in.  On the SHORT side, score at 1in from both ends.  On the LONG side, score at 1in, 5in, 6in and 10in.  Fold and crease on all the score lines.  Cut on the score lines to create the six box tabs.  Apply TOMBOW to the tabs and fold the box together.  Add the scrap panel to the center of the box lid.  

Using a 3/4in BASIC WHITE card stock strip, stamp the sentiment using SHADED SPRUCE ink.  Attach to the box using DIMENSIONALS.

The video below shows how the card and box came together.  Just click.




All products used for these projects are available in my online store.  Just click below.

Thank you again for stopping by for my MONDAY FUN DAY projects.  Come back soon to see lots more holiday projects.  I hope I can inspire you to make something yourself.  

Keep Stampin'

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper











No comments:

Post a Comment