Tuesday, April 27, 2021

A Beautiful Pocket Card featuring the PANSY PETALS SUITE from the NEW 2021-22- Annual Catalog

 




IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!  The new 2021-22 Stampin' Up Annual Catalog is launching on May 4th and as a demonstrator, I'm able to preview the products a month early.  One of the suites that jumped out at me is the PANSY PETALS SUITE.  Wow!  So beautiful.  I can't wait to start creating.  To show off the amazing designer series paper, I designed this fun and easy POCKET CARD.  The bundle in the suite is the PANSY PATCH BUNDLE.


The stamp set includes beautiful sentiments and a collection of multi-step stamped flower and leaf images.  Another great perk of this bundle is that the dies cut out many of these images but also can cut out the images on the coordinating designer series paper.  Super cool!!!

To start, let's create the pocket.  I started with a piece of EVENING EVERGREEN card stock cut at 4-1/4in by 11in and scored at 1-1/2in and 5-1/2in on the LONG side.  Fold and crease the pocket in half first, then fold down the flap.  I then chose the green gingham check for the pocket front.  I cut two panels, one at 4in by 3-3/4in and the second for the flap at 1-1/4in by 4in.  Adhere the large panel first, fold and adhere the flap down then the smaller panel on the flap.

Open the pocket and adhere a coordinating piece of card stock inside cut at 4in by 5-1/4in.  Close it back up, turn the card over and apply a piece of TEAR & TAPE to the back of the card where the center of the flap falls on the front.  Attach a piece of FRESH FREESIA OPEN WEAVE RIBBON, wrap it around the pocket and tie a bow on the left side of the front.

To finish the pocket, I stamped the sentiment in BLACKBERRY BLISS INK, on a circle from the STITCHED SHAPES DIES.  



I placed it on the pocket front using DIMENSIONALS.  Next, I cut out a large pansy and leaf using the coordinating dies from the bundle.  I then adhered them to the left side of the circle.  


Now let's work on the insert. I started with a piece of SIMPLY SUCCULENT card stock cut at 5in by 3-3/4in.  I stamped the sentiment on a 3-1/2in by 4-3/4in piece of BASIC WHITE card stock and layered it on the first panel.  As I did with the pocket, I cut out a smaller flower and leaf image from the designer series paper using the dies and adhered them on the bottom right of the insert.  To finish the insert, I adhered a 1/2in by 3-3/4in of DSP across the top and then added a pull tab.  The pull tab is a piece of PALE PAPAYA card stock cut at 1in by 1-1/2in and scored at 3/4in on the LONG side.  Adhere the tab to the top of the card using TOMBOW.  Slide the insert into the pocket and you are ready to go.

The video tutorial below will show you how quickly the card came together.




Click below for a PDF tutorial for the POCKET CARD.


All the products used for this project will be available when the new catalog launches on May 4th.  Just check in my online store.


Thank you so much for dropping by my blog today.  I hope you are inspired to do some creating yourself.  I'm not finished with this PANSY PETALS SUITE.  I will be adding more projects to my blog using this suite.  STAY TUNED.

Keep Stamping,

Barb Reed

The Wexford Stamper




No comments:

Post a Comment