Tuesday, April 13, 2021

A NEW & UNIQUE FUN FOLD CARD featuring the WAY TO GOAT Stamp Set



There are so many amazing Stampin' Up demonstrators out there and I'm always looking around for inspiration.  One of my favorites is Marisa Alvarez at KITCHEN TABLE STAMPERS.  I love her style and personality and I came across a fun and unique fun fold card made with the RIDE THE RANGE Stamp Set and I was inspired to use this design using a different stamp set.  

 

I have loved this WAY TO GOAT Stamp Set since I set my eyes on it in the catalog.  It's just so cute and fun.


I used the adorably colorful designer series paper from the PLAYING WITH PATTERNS SUITE. Such beautifully fun and bright patterns.


Begin with a 4-1/4in by 5-1/2in piece of CALYPSO CORAL card stock for the card base.  Then cut another piece of CALYPSO CORAL card stock at 4-1/4in by 11in and score on the LONG SIDE at 3in, 5-1/2in, 7-1/2in and 9in.  This will be your fold out section.  Next, choose three patterns from PLAYING WITH PATTERNS DSP PACK.  Cut one pattern at 2-3/4in by 4in and 1-1/4in by 4in (2 pieces). For the second pattern, cut a panel at 2-1/4in by 4in and 1-3/4in by 4in (2 pieces).  The last pattern paper panels are cut at 2-1/4in and 1-3/4in by 4in (2 pieces).   Adhere these panel to the front and back of the fold out section.  Do not adhere one to the back of the largest panel.

Next, using the WAY TO GOAT Stamp Set, stamp the two goat images on a piece of BASIC WHITE scrap card stock.  To color the goats, I used the SMOKY SLATE BLENDS, HIGHLAND HEATHER BLENDS and the COLOR LIFTER BLEND.  First, I colored in the flower in the goat’s mouth using the HIGHLAND HEATHER BLENDS.  Then I took the LIGHT SMOKY SLATE BLEND and carefully traced just inside the outline of the goats and on the fur lines.  Then I used the COLOR LIFTER BLEND to soften the lines so they look more like shadows.  I “fussy cut” the images and set them aside.

Then cut out the four dies cuts from the STITCHED SO SWEETLY DIES.  

One large label die in MISTY MOONLIGHT card stock, two smaller ones in BASIC WHITE and POOL PARTY card stock and finally one of the scalloped rectangles in BASIC WHITE.  On the scalloped rectangle, stamp the WAY TO GOAT sentiment and the tin can.  Stamp the I GOT YOU A CAKE… sentiment on a scrap of BASIC WHITE card stock and punch it out using a 1IN CIRCLE PUNCH. 

Before assembling the card on the CALYPSO CORAL card stock card base, take a piece of the BUMBLEBEE GINGHAM RIBBON adhere it behind a 4-1/2in by 3-1/4in piece of BASIC WHITE in the center then adhere the panel to the card base.  Next, fold up the long panel and adhere and layer it on top of that BASIC WHITE layer.  Place on the die cuts in the inside of the card and adhere using TOMBOW or SEAL+.


Fold up the card and adhere the MISTY MOONLIGHT die cut on the front panel as shown using DIMENSIONALS.  On top of that die cut, adhere the BASIC WHITE die cut and the “fussy cut” goat.  Stamp the G.O.A.T. sentiment on a 3/4in strip of BUMBLEBEE card stock and adhere it to the front panel.  Thread the ribbon under the MISTY MOONLIGHT panel and tie the bow on the left side. 

I hope you will be inspired to give this fun fold card a chance.  Remember, all the products I used in this project are available in my online store.  Just click below.

The Wexford Stamper's Online Store

I have also included a video tutorial and a printable PDF below to help you.



Thanks as always for stopping by my blog.  I hope feel inspired to be creative today.  Next week I will focus on some 3D projects for MOTHER'S DAY.  Come back and check them out.  If you have any questions about this is any other project on my blog, don't hesitate to email me at blreed@comcast.net.

Keep stamping my friends,

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper






No comments:

Post a Comment