Wednesday, April 7, 2021

More Unique CLEAR CARDS DESIGNS featuring the PAINTED POPPIES and the FOREVER FERN Stamp Sets

 I've had so much fun creating these CLEAR CARDS.  So much that I had to add a second blog post about them.  The cards in this post have a fun and easy window element on the front.  You can use any DSP and stamp sets that you have in your stash which makes the design more fun.

For these cards, start with the same card base as in the last post cut at 4-1/4in by 11in.  Check the link in my last post to AMAZON to get the clear bases I used.  Fold over the base and use a BONE FOLDER to create an even fold. 

Let's start with the FOREVER FERN card.  Here is a picture of the suite that these products are from.


After preparing my card base, I attached a 4in by 5-1/4in piece of DSP from the suite to the inside of the card.  Next I cut a BASIC WHITE and a SOFT SEAFOAM card stock panel at 3-1/4in by 4-1/2in.  Using the LAYERING CIRCLE DIES, cut a 2-3/8in circle out of the SOFT SEAFOAM piece.  


I then stamped a variety of greenery images using the stamp set in OLD OLIVE, PRETTY PEACOCK and SHADED SPRUCE ink.  I also used the coordinating dies to cut out a greenery die cut.  

To do my stamping, I stacked the two panels on top of each other so I can see where to stamp my sentiment.  The sentiment I used is from the PEACEFUL POPPIES stamp set.  



After stamping, adhere the SOFT SEAFOAM panel to the front of the card.  Open the card, align the white panel inside and adhere so the sentiment shows through the window.  Close the card again and arrange the greenery on the front of the card using SEAL+ or GLUE DOTS.  I then added a bow (3/8in REVERSIBLE RIBBON) to the top right of the card front using GLUE DOTS.  

My second card is an alternative window design.  As with the first card, I placed a piece of DSP from the TRUE LOVE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER, cut at 4in by 5-1/4in.  

I made the BASIC BLACK front panel a little larger than I did in the first, cut at 3-1/2in by 4-3/4in.  Using the LAYERED CIRCLE DIES, I cut out a 2-5/8in circle from the panel.  I then cut out a BASIC WHITE 3in circle from the STITCHED SHAPES DIES for inside the card.  Finally, I cut out a OLD OLIVE circle in the same size.  We will use that later.

For stamping, I used the large flower image and stamped it twice using MEMENTO BLACK INK.  On the BASIC WHITE circle, I stamped the group of flowers.  I colored the flowers using MANGO MELODY and OLD OLIVE BLENDS.  I "fussy cut" the two large flowers out.  The sentiment I used here is from the PEACEFUL MOMENTS stamp set. I stamped it on a 5/8in strip of BASIC WHITE.

To assemble the card, center the BASIC BLACK panel on the card front and secure it with SEAL+.  Before securing the circle inside, cut a portion of the bottom of the OLD OLIVE circle and adhere it to the BASIC WHITE circle so it looks like grass.  I also used a BLENDING BRUSH, blending a small amount of POOL PARTY ink on the circle to tone down the white and make it appear to be a sky.  I then lined it up with the hole in the front panel and adhered it to the inside of the card base.  

Finally, on the front I adhered the large flowers and the sentiment to the lower portion of the card front as shown.  I used GLUE DOTS for the flowers and DIMENSIONALS for the sentiment banner.

Click the link below for a PDF tutorial.

PDF TUTORIAL

All the products I used in this blog post are available in my online store.  Click the link below to find it.

The Wexford Stamper's ONLINE STORE


Thanks as always for visiting my blog.  I hope you are inspired to try some card making yourself.  If you need any help or have any questions about my blog posts, email me at blreed@comcast.net.  For my next blog post, I am creating some fun MOTHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAS.  Hope you come back soon.


Keep Stamping,

Barb Reed

The Wexford Stamper



No comments:

Post a Comment