Tuesday, November 23, 2021

MAKE THIS UNIQUE COOKIES & COFFEE TREAT BOX USING THE PAINTED CHRISTMAS SUITE

 


It's Thanksgiving week and the holiday project ideas are starting to come to fruition.  I always enjoy this time of year.  It's fun to make unique and inexpensive gifts that your friends and family will LOVE.  

This project is one of my favorites this year.  I saw some designs similar to mine but this one has been adjusted a bit.  I call it a COOKIES & COFFEE TREAT BOX.

To make the project, I used products from the PAINTED CHRISTMAS SUITE.  What a beautiful holiday suite!  As a demonstrator, as catalogs retire, I always cycle out all the retired product.  There are some seasons, however, that I come across a suite of products that I will stock up on and keep on my FOREVER shelf.  This is one of those sets of products.  So many beautiful holiday images can be used over and over for years to come.


Start with a piece of PEAR PIZZAZZ card stock cut at 6-1/2in by 5-7/8in.  On the LONG side, score at 1in, 2in, 3in, 4in, 5in and 6in.  On the SHORT side, score at 7/8in.  After creasing and cutting the card stock, your project should look like this.



Before putting the box together, adhere the DSP to each of the box panels.  The DSP pieces are cut at 4-7/8in by 7/8in (6 pieces).  On the 1/2in panel, apply adhesive and put box sides together.  To create the bottom, fold in all 6 flaps and apply adhesive to the outer side each.  To finish off the bottom, punch out a 1-3/8in CIRCLE PUNCH circle of PEAR PIZZAZZ card stock and cover the bottom.

For the lid, cut out a piece of the DSP using a 1-5/8 in circle from the LAYERING CIRCLE DIES and the coordinating scallop in PEAR PIZZAZZ.  Adhere these layer together and place it on the top of the K-CUP using a glue dot.  The K-CUP should then slide into the top of the treat box and rest snuggly on top.

When working with a treat box with such skinny sides, it can be difficult to use a label die on it.  So instead I grouped a set of images from the stamp set to keep the width more workable.  Of course I had to add a baker's twine bow.


I stamped the holly leaf images using PEAR PIZZAZZ INK, the pine sprig using EARLY EVERGREEN INK, the leafy image using OLD OLIVE INK and the berry image using REAL RED INK.  I cut out the images using the coordinating dies.


Finally, I used a the CHRISTMAS WISHES sentiment from the BANNER YEARS STAMP SET, stamped in REAL RED INK and cut to fit on the box front.


The video below shows how this project comes together.





If you'd like a downloadable PDF tutorial of this project, click below.


All the products I used in this project are available in my online store.  GET SHOPPING STAMPERS.



Thanks for dropping by my blog.  Come back soon for more creative inspiration.  Next post will be another fun holiday project.

Keep Stamping,

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper












No comments:

Post a Comment