Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Carrot Cake Donuts- The perfect Easter treat. Let's make a TREAT BOX



I'm always on the look out for unique treats to give to my friends for Easter.  On a trip to the local convenience store, I found the perfect gift- CARROT CAKE DONUTS or should I say DONETTES. These beauties though smaller than a regular donut are packed in groups of 6, so that kind of defeats the purpose.  But I was determined to make this years Easter treat the best ever.  By using just a few items I already had in my stash, I designed the perfect Carrot Cake Donut Treat Box.  Do you agree?


I started with a piece of GRAPEFRUIT GROVE CARD STOCK measuring 8-1/2in by 11in.  I know, its the standard card stock size and it works perfectly for this treat box.  I scored the card stock on the short side at 2in, 4in, 6in and 8in.  On the long side, 1/2in, 2-1/2in, 8-1/2in, 10-1/2in.  The panel for the sides of the box are from the INCOLOR 2019-2021 DESIGNER SERIES PAPER STACK.  I chose the GRAPEFRUIT GROVE gingham pattern.  The four panels measured 1-7/8in by 5-7/8in.  For the ribbon, I used the POLKA DOT TULLE RIBBON.  For the tag, I used the LAYERED WITH KINDNESS STAMP SET and the LABEL ME LOVELY and LABEL ME FANCY PUNCHES. 




I stamped colored and fussy cut the bunny image from the CUCKOO FOR YOU STAMP SET.


  The video tutorial below shows how the project came together.





If you have any questions about this or any project on my blog, please don't hesitate to email me (blreed@comcast.net) or message me.  If you are interested in any of the products shown in my projects, you can go to my online store to purchase them.  Just click below.






Thanks again and Keep Stamping,
Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper










No comments:

Post a Comment