Sunday, August 23, 2020

FUN MAKING SLIM LINE CARDS and COORDINATING ENVELOPES using CELEBRATE SUNFLOWERS and SNOWFLAKE SPLENDOR

 


I know I might be a little late to the party, but one of the latest trends in card making is the SLIM LINE CARD.  When perusing Pinterest, there were so many cards posted, all with different dimensions.  I soon learned that there really isn't a standard size for SLIM LINE CARDS so I had my work cut out for me.  Then I came across a size I really liked.  More importantly, you can make a coordinating envelope out of an 8-1/2in by 11in piece of card stock or DSP.  Now that's perfect!!!  So that's the one I went with.  Below shows the dimensions for the card and envelope.

Once I decided on the size, I had so much fun reaching into my stash and creating.  My first was the sunflower card, using the CELEBRATE SUNFLOWERS BUNDLE. I used CRUMB CAKE card stock to make the envelope.  I love how it came out.  Then it was on to the WAY TO GOAT stamp set, a personal favorite of mine and anyone else who loves puns.  I added the ALPHABET DIES from the PLAYING WITH PATTERNS SUITE and an adorable congratulations card was born.


Next, I pulled out an old Christmas Bundle that I was thrilled to see make an appearance in the new catalog as well.  The MOOSE BUNDLE is such a fun holiday set,  I paired it with some DSP from the PLAID TIDINGS 6X6 DESIGNER SERIES PAPER PACK to make a unique and fun "Christ-moose" card.


For my last card, I used the amazing SNOWFLAKE SPLENDOR SUITE.  All the beautiful blues and purples in this collection of products makes it my holiday favorite.  


The video tutorials below is from my FBLIVEs this week.  I show how the snowflake card and the sunflower card come together.  



Thank you for stopping by my blog.  I hope you are inspired to try a Slim Line Card yourself.  If you have any question about these projects or any others on my blog, email me at blreed@comcast.net.  The products I used in the videos are all available in my online store.  Click below to shop.


Next week I will be starting my HALLOWEEN SERIES.  Check back for some cute treat holders.

Keep Stamping,

The Wexford Stamper
Barb Reed



1 comment: