Saturday, August 15, 2020

BACK TO SCHOOL WEEK- Two Fun and Easy Treat Pouches featuring the WHALE OF A TIME SUITE and the HARVEST HELLOS Stamp Set and APPLE BUILDER PUNCH

 


These BACK TO SCHOOL projects feature sweet treats for teacher and student.  They are quick and easy to make and you can find these treats anywhere.  My first project is a CARAMEL APPLE COWTALES Treat Pouch.  Perfect for the teacher.  Making a pouch is very easy.  Only a little bit of scoring is necessary.  I started with a piece of Designer Series Paper cut at 4-1/2in by 8 in.  The paper I used is from the IN GOOD TASTE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER STACK.  This pack is gorgeous and has a number of great natural images including woods, tiles, and fabric.


I scored the DSP on the LONG side at 1/2in and on the SHORT side at 2in and 4in.  I used a red striped piece of DSP from the HEARTWARMING HUGS Paper Stack cut at 2in by 5in for the belly band.


For the embellishments on the front of the pouch, I used my 2IN CIRCLE PUNCH and a coordinating scallop die, cut in GRANNY APPLE GREEN and REAL RED.  For the apple and the sentiment, I used an oldie but goody set, brought back from last year's catalog- the HARVEST HELLOS Stamp Set and the APPLE BUILDER PUNCH.  I stamped the apple image using TUXEDO BLACK MEMENTO INK and colored it with my REAL RED and IVORY BLENDS before cutting it out with the punch.  I used REAL RED for the sentiment on the WHISPER WHITE BANNER.  The video tutorial at the bottom of this post shows how the projects came together.

My second project was inspired by THE KITCHEN TABLE STAMPER, a fellow Stampin' Up demonstrator.  Nothing makes me think of fun treats from my childhood more than Goldfish Crackers.  They certainly have stood the test of time.  They continue to be a staple in all family's kitchen. 


I found these individual bags at Target and the colors coordinated with the amazing WHALE OF A TIME SUITE.  This ocean inspired suite has beautiful images and bold colors.



For the pouch, I used a piece of PACIFIC POINT CARD STOCK cut at 10-1/2in by 5-1/2in.  I scored the card stock on the SHORT side at 1/2in and the LONG side at 2-1/2in and 7-1/2in.  I used a piece of the DSP cut at 5in by 4-1/2in.  For the embellishment on the front, I used two label dies from the STITCHED SO SWEETLY DIES cut using CALYPSO CORAL and CRUSHED CURRY CARD STOCK. I stamped the whale using PACIFIC POINT INK and punched it out using the WHALE PUNCH.  Below you can see how the pouch came together in the video tutorial.


Thank you for stopping by my blog.  I hope you are inspired to create something fun on your own.  If you have a question about this or any other project on my blog, email me at blreed@comcast.net.  All the products I used for these creations are available in my online store.  Click on the link below.


Come back soon for a visit.  Next week we will be featuring SLIMLINE CARDS and having a fun card share.  Take care and keep on stamping.

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper




No comments:

Post a Comment