Tuesday, February 16, 2021

A BEAUTIFUL GIFT BOX and COORDINATING CARD featuring the FINE ART FLORAL SUITE

 




I must confess, I have a bit of an obsession with all things BATH & BODY WORKS.  Just walking in that wonderful place and smelling all the smells puts me in a good mood.  During my last visit, I noticed that they were beginning to stock new SPRING scents.  I grabbed a few of my favorites, headed home and began creating.  My project today is a beautiful gift box for a bottle of Hand Sanitizing Spray and a coordinating card using the FINE ART FLORAL SUITE.


Just look at the amazing products in this suite.  There is so much to love about it.  For the projects on this blogpost I used the ART GALLERY BUNDLE and the FINE ART FLORAL DESIGNER SERIES PAPER.



The first project is a gift box.  I designed it for a Bath & Body Hand Sanitizer Spray but it could be used for a number of great gifts.


1)Start with a piece of POOL PARTY card stock, cut at 8-7/8in by 7in.  Score on the LONG SIDE at 1-5/8in, 6-3/4in and 8-3/8in.  On the SHORT SIDE, score at 1-5/8in, 3-1/4in, 4-7/8in and 6-1/2in.  Fold on all the score lines. Below is a template of the cut card stock.



2) Before putting the box together, adhere the FINE ART FLORAL DSP to the sides and top of the box.  The four side panels measure 1-1/2in by 5in and the top panel measures 1-1/2in by 1-1/2in. Put TEAR & TAPE on the thin side rectangle and put the box together. 

3) I used POOL PARTY, DAFFODIL DELIGHT and CALYPSO CORAL inks to stamp the three flowers on the box using the ART GALLERY stamp set.  I stamped the sentiment in MEMENTO BLACK INK and die cut using the scalloped rectangle from the coordinating dies.  I cut out all the flowers with their coordinating dies as well.

4)Layer the flowers and sentiment on the box as shown.  Tie up the box with the FINE ART 3/8IN RIBBON.  This ribbon is beautiful.  I recommend you get an extra roll or two.


To make the gift complete, it's always nice to include a coordinating card. I created the card to reflect the design on the box and include more of the beautiful DSP.


1)Start with a piece of POOL PARTY card stock, cut at 8-1/2in by 5-1/2in, scored at 4-1/4in. On the card front, adhere a piece of the pool party coordinating DSP cut at 4in by 5-1/4in.

2)I then adhered a 1-1/2in by 5-1/4in strip of DSP along the left hand side of the card front as shown.  The flowers were stamped with POOL PARTY, DAFFODIL DELIGHT and CALYPSO CORAL and cut out with coordinating dies.  The “Happy Birthday” sentiment was stamped in MEMENTO BLACK INK and die cut using the scalloped rectangle from the die set.

3)Layer the pieces on the front of the card in the lower right corner as shown.  For the envelope, I cut a strip of DSP at 2-5/8in by 5-3/4in, adhered it to the flap and trimmed off the excess.

Check out the video tutorial below to see how the projects come together.




I have also included a downloadable PDF tutorial to print out.  Just click below.


All the products used to make both these projects are available in my online store.  Click below and get shopping.


Thanks for visiting my blog.  Please leave your email at the top of the post to receive email notifications every time I post something new.  I hope I inspired you to get crafty and try a project yourself.  Remember I'm always here to answer any questions you may have about the products or the projects.

Keep Stamping
Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper















No comments:

Post a Comment