Wednesday, September 8, 2021

MAKE THIS ADORABLE TREAT BOX using the TOMBSTONE TREAT BOXES and the CUTE HALLOWEEN BUNDLE

 

The weather is finally cooling off here in PA and Fall seems to be around the corner.  The candy is in the stores so it's time to start planning for Halloween.  Today's blog post is the second installment of my FIVE WEEKS OF HALLOWEEN SERIES.  When I saw this adorable CUTE HALLOWEEN SUITE in the new July-Dec Mini Catalog, I couldn't wait to get my hands on those adorable TOMBSTONE TREAT BOXES.  Take a look at this amazing suite.


You will need a lid and a base to make this treat box.  To make sure you have one of each, you need to make sure you have two different size pieces.  The tombstone parts will be the same, but the box parts will need to be different sizes.  The larger will be the top and the smaller the bottom. Once you identify which is the top and before you assemble it, you are going to cut the window.  I used the second largest hexagon die from the HAPPY HIPPOS DIES.  Center it on the lid and cut it using your CUT AND EMBOSS MACHINE.


After assembling the box, cut a piece of WINDOW SHEET at 2-1/2in by 3-1/2in and attached it to the inside of the lid using GLUE DOTS
.

To embellish the front of the treat box, I used a BASIC WHITE 2in LAYERING CIRCLE and a BASIC BLACK.  On the circle, I stamped the “TRICK OR TREAT” sentiment in MEMENTO BLACK and the candy corn images in PALE PAPAYA.  I secured the circle to the treat box using DIMENSIONALS.  Using the HALLOWEEN PUNCH, I cut out a pumpkin image from the coordinating DSP and then I fussy cut a skeleton image out of the same paper pack.  I attached them to the box with DIMENSIONALS as shown.

For the contents of the box, I used HERSHEY NUGGETS and ROLOS.  Before putting the nuggets in the box, I covered each with a 1in by 3in strip of DSP, secured using TEAR & TAPE.  There is enough room in the box to put in two layers of candy for a total of 10 Nuggets and 2 Rolos.  

This treat box will bring a WOW to all those trick or treater and it's perfect for friends, teachers and coworkers.  Click on the YOUTUBE link below to see how the treat box comes together.



If you would like a downloadable PDF tutorial, just click below.

PDF TUTORIAL

All the products I used for this project are available in my online store.  Click on the link here and get shopping.

The Wexford Stamper's ONLINE Store

Thank you for dropping by my blog.  I will be continuing my FIVE WEEKS OF HALLOWEEN SERIES next week.  Come back soon.


Keep Stamping,

Barb Reed

The Wexford Stamper








No comments:

Post a Comment