Tuesday, August 31, 2021

The Wexford Stampers HALLOWEEN PROJECT SERIES- MINI MOON PIE TREAT BOX featuring the CUTE HALLOWEEN SUITE

 


Halloween is almost here!!!  The candy is in the grocery stores and the Halloween stores are popping up in all those vacant store fronts.  So it is time for my HALLOWEEN 2021 PROJECT SERIES.  I always get so excited about these treat holders and I can't wait to share them all with you.  The first is my MINI MOON PIE TREAT HOLDER.  I used products from the CUTE HALLOWEEN SUITE.  


There are so many great products in this suite. There is an adorable stamp set called CUTEST HALLOWEEN and a coordinating HALLOWEEN PUNCH.  The 6X6 Designer Series Paper, CUTE HALLOWEEN is so colorful and many of the images on the paper can be cut out using the punch.  I love that.  The TOMBSTONE TREAT BOXES are another great way to share treats and I will be sharing a project using those boxes in a later blog post.  The embellishments included are BLACK & WHITE GINGHAM RIBBON and CUTE STARS ADHESIVE-BACKED SEQUINS and are a great way to top off an amazing project.

For this first project, I used all these great products.  To create the box, start with a piece of PUMPKIN PIE card stock cut at 6in by 8-3/4in.  On the LONG SIDE, score at 1in, 4in, 5in and 8in.  On the SHORT SIDE, score at 1/2in, 1-1/2in, 4-1/2in and 5-1/2in.  Before assembling the box, adhere your choice of DSP, cut at 2-3/4in by 2-3/4in to the lid of the box.  Below is a template of the box after creasing and cutting the card stock.


I then punch a moon out of CRUSHED CURRY card stock.  I used a "splatter stamp"  and CRUSHED CURRY INK on the right side of the circle to give it a little dimension. Take a SPONGE DAUBER and sponge around the edge of the circle.  Using MEMENTO BLACK INK, stamp the "Trick or Treat" sentiment on the left side of the moon as shown in the sample.  Adhere the moon to the top of the box using DIMENSIONALS.  Next using the HALLOWEEN PUNCH, punch out a cat image from the paper.  Adhere the cat to the right side of the moon with TOMBOW.  I finished off the look of this adorable treat box using the CUTE STARS ADHESIVE-BACKED SEQUINS and BLACK GLITTER ORGANDY RIBBON. There you go.  So quick and cute, you can make lots of these for all those trick or treaters.  To see how the project comes together, click below for my video tutorial.




If you'd like to download a PDF to help with your creativity, click the link below.


All of the products used for this project are available in my online store.  These amazing products are just a click away.



Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.  Come back again next week for another episode in the HALLOWEEN PROJECT SERIES.  There will be five blog post all together.  Hope you are inspired to try to make something your self.  As always, if you have any questions about this or any other project on my blog, contact me at blreed@comcast.net.

Happy Stamping,

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper






No comments:

Post a Comment