Tuesday, January 4, 2022

VALENTINE'S DAY TREAT BOX SERIES PROJECT #1- Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcake Roll Treat Box

 


It's an exciting time in the Stampin' Up year.  Christmas is over and the new 2022 Jan-June Mini Catalog is ready to roll out.  The products in this catalog are amazing.  I'm so excited to share some new projects with you.  My first set of projects will be for Valentine's Day.  I loved this holiday when I was a kid.  I remember putting so much time into decorating my shoe box and receiving cards from my classmates.  As I got older, I tried to focus on my friendships for this special day.  Of course my husband got his card too.  Most of my friends and my husband too would be much more excited about getting a treat for Valentine's Day.  My first project is a fun box which holds the perfect Little Debbie's Treat.

Each box holds 6 cakes and costs around $2, a real inexpensive gift.  I used the SWEET TALK SUITE from the brand new 2022 Jan-June Mini Catalog from Stampin' Up.  The bundle, SWEET CONVERSATIONS reminds me of the yummy conversation hearts I used to get from classmates and the SWEET TALK Designer Series Paper has a beautiful color palate the coordinates beautifully.  Many of the dies from the bundle cut out images on the DSP, WIN-WIN.  In addition to these products, I also used REAL RED FAUX LINEN RIBBON to tie up the package.

Start with a piece of BLUSHING BRIDE card stock cut at 8-3/4in by 6in.  On the LONG side, score at 1-1/4in, 6-1/4in and 7-1/2in.  On the SHORT side, score at 1/2in, 1-3/4in, 3-1/4in and 4-1/2in.  Crease on all the score lines using your BONE FOLDER.  Using your PAPER SNIPS cut away excess card stock.  Your treat box should look like the template below when you're finished.


Before putting the box together, adhere the four DSP panels using TOMBOW, two cut at 1-3/8in by 4-7/8in and two cut at 1-1/8in by 4-7/8in.  Apply a piece of TEAR & TAPE on the 1/2in edge strip and assemble the box.  On the end with the longer flap, take a 1/4in CIRCLE PUNCH if you like to create a thumb notch to make it easier for your recipient to open.

Die cut the tag in BASIC WHITE.  Stamp the cute heart images along the bottom in BLUSHING BRIDE INK.  Then stamp the "HAPPY TO HAVE YOU IN MY LIFE" sentiment just above the hearts.  Thread the REAL RED FAUX LINEN RIBBON through the tag's hole and tie it onto the treat box. 

Check out the YOUTUBE video below to see how the treat box comes together.



If you'd like a downloadable PDF of this project, just click below.


All the products I used in this project can be found in my online store.  Just click below and get shopping.


Thanks again for dropping by.  I will be back next week with another fun VALENTINE'S DAY project.  Here's to a happy and healthy 2022.

Keep Stamping,

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper








No comments:

Post a Comment