Monday, April 13, 2020

Creating with the Ornate Garden Suite's ORNATE STYLE STAMP SET



I've had a number of posts highlighting this amazing suite but this is the first that spotlights the beautiful ORNATE STYLE stamp set.  This set is quite different from the other in the suite.  It includes floral images that allow stampers to express their own creativity through the use of colored pencils, ink and sponge daubers, markers, or my favorite STAMPIN BLENDS.



After a few days of experimenting, I love how this card turned out. I used a piece of WHISPER WHITE CARD STOCK cut out using the LAYERED ORNATE DIES.  I stamped the flower image using MEMENTO INK.  I used DARK LOVELY LIPSTICK and DARK and LIGHT ROCOCO ROSE for the large flowers.  I used LOVELY LIPSTICK to start and colored in the areas that would be shadowed by another petal or a leaf.  I then used DARK ROCOCO ROSE on the majority of the large flowers coloring out from the base of each petal.  I then finished off the flowers by coloring the tips of the petals with the LIGHT ROCOCO ROSE.  Remember to always overlap your colors so they blend smoothly with no harsh changes in color.  For the small yellow flowers, I started with the DARK SO SAFFRON BLEND and colored over most of the lines on the flowers, as well as areas where they may be a shadow.  Then I just colored over the entire flower using the LIGHT SO SAFFRON BLEND until the flowers color was nicely blended. At first I left the daisy petals white, but adding a little of the LIGHT SEASIDE SPRAY around the edges of the petals give them more depth. I used DARK MANGO MELODY for the center.  For the leaves, I used four BLENDS.  LIGHT and DARK OLD OLIVE and LIGHT and DARK MOSSY MEADOW.  I started with the DARK MOSSY MEADOW BLEND and colored the areas on the leaves that would be shadowed because of over hanging petals or leaves.  I then took DARK OLD OLIVE and worked my way a small distance toward the tip of the leaf being sure to go back and blend a bit.  Then I used the same process to apply the LIGHT MOSSY MEADOW and LIGHT OLD OLIVE, finishing at the tip of each leaf.  The stems were colored using the DARK OLD OLIVE BLEND.  i adhered the stitched rectangle to a larger piece of SO SAFFRON CARD STOCK and then to the ROCOCO ROSE card base.  I cut a small piece of SOFT SEAFOAM CARD STOCK at 1-1/4in by 1-1/2in, scoring at 3/4in on the LONG side so it can be folded over the top of the Whisper White layer.  Do that before adhering all the large layers together.  The video tutorial below may help you understand the coloring process a little better.





If you have any questions about this or any project on my blog, please don't hesitate to email me (blreed@comcast.net) or message me.  If you are interested in any of the products shown in my projects, you can go to my online store to purchase them.  Just click below.






Thanks again and Keep Stamping,
Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper











No comments:

Post a Comment