Friday, June 19, 2020

BIRDS AND BRANCHES IN 3D. No special glasses required.

I'm so excited about the 3D projects I created using this amazing BIRDS & BRANCHES BUNDLE.  I also incorporated some other products from the new Annual Catalog.  This fold over gift bag is a perfect solution for a small gift or a party favor.


I started with a piece of CRUMB CAKE card stock cut at 8in by 11in.  On the LONG side, I scored it at 1-1/2in, 5-1/4in, 6-3/4in and 10-1/2in.  I then made partial scores down to 3in at 3/4in and 6in.  On the SHORT side, score at 1-1/2in and 6in.  The designer series paper I used for the gift bag is from the IN GOOD TASTE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER and it is amazing. It includes photographic images and textures that add beautiful dimension to your projects.  I chose the burlap print, cut at 12in by 3-1/2in.


I also used a CRUMB CAKE card stock oval from the STITCHED SHAPES DIES for the base for the embellishment on the front of the bag.  I used the bird, nest and eg images from the  BIRDS & BRANCHES stamp set, stamping the nest and bird in EARLY ESPRESSO and the egg in BALMY BLUE.  I used my CALYPSO CORAL BLEND to color in the bird.  I cut them out using the coordinating dies and then cut out two branches die cuts using PEAR PIZZAZZ card stock.



The video below shows how the project came together.







I was inspired to make this framed piece by a demonstrator from Canada named Tina Zinck. 




I loved it because the frame used a full sheet of 12in by 12in DSP..  I used the IN GOOD TASTE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER, this time a wood grain image.  Here's her video showing how to put the frame together.


For the panel inside the frame, I used a piece of  designer series paper from the FOREVER GREENERY PAPER PACK cut at 3-3/4in by 3-3/4in.  I used the branch dies and cut them out in SHADED SPRUCE and PEAR PIZZAZZ.  The flowers dies were cut out using CALYPSO CORAL card stock. The nest and the bird images are all stamped in EARLY ESPRESSO INK and cut out with their coordinating dies from the BIRDS & MORE DIE SET.  The egg was stamped in BALMY BLUE.  I used a 3/4in strip for my "So Grateful for everything" sentiment, stamping in CALYPSO CORAL and MEMENTO BLACK INK.  The bird's bellies are colored using a LIGHT CALYPSO CORAL BLEND. For the stand on the back I used a 3in by 11in piece of EARLY ESPRESSO card stock scored at 5-1/2in.  I adhered another strip of EARLY ESPRESSO card stock (cut at 4in by 3in and scored at 1/2in, 2in and 3-1/2in on the long side) to the ends of the first piece to form a triangle.  I then adhered one of the long side to the back of the frame.

For my last 3D project, I was inspired by Ronda Wade. She made a beautiful memory book using a WOODEN STAMP CASE.  I loved the idea, but adjusted it to fit in a CLING STAMP CASE.  All the designer series paper I used for this project is from the amazing FOREVER GREENERY PAPER PACK.  Below are pictures of the outside and inside and the fun FOLD OUT section





The cover of the memory book is cut at 7-1/4in by 10-5/8in and slide inside the plastic sleeve on the outside of the stamp case.  The panels on the inside are cut at 6-3/4in by 11in and scored at 2in and 6-1/2in.  My panels were WHISPER WHITE.  I used two but there is plenty of room for more.  Using TOMBOW, adhere your panels together, then use TEAR 'N TAPE to adhere the bottom one to the inside of the case.  I used coordinating card stock and DSP to decorate the inside.  The top panel will be only 2in by 6-3/4in so you will need to adhere a 4-1/2in by 6-3/4in panel of card stock to serve as the inside cover sheet.  It was fun and easy to embellish because the paper is so beautiful.  I added birds throughout and left room for pictures or journaling.

If you have any questions about this or any project on my blog, please don't hesitate to email me (blreed@comcast.net) or message me.  If you are interested in any of the products shown in my projects, you can go to my online store to purchase them.  Just click below.




Thanks again and Keep Stamping,
Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper

No comments:

Post a Comment