Friday, June 19, 2020

Card making is for the birds. Using the BIRDS & BRANCHES BUNDLE




I have been a bird lover all my life.  I've always been so excited about identifying them and watching them frolic and play at the bird feeder in our back yard.  They are amazing creatures.  Stampin Up loves birds too and in the new catalog the BIRDS & BRANCHES bundle does not disappoint. 

BIRDS & BRANCHES STAMP SET

BIRDS AND MORE DIES

When Connie Heisey asked me to do a demonstration for her online Sampler Event and she let me pick my bundle, it was a NO BRAINER.  The following are card and 3D project samples I shared during my demonstration.  Thanks again to Connie for allowing me to participate.

This first card design was inspired by Angie @ChicnScratch.  She used it with a different stamp set but it was easy to adapt to the BIRDS & BRANCHES bundle.




I started with a panel of CRUMB CAKE card stock cut at 5-1/2in by 4-1/4in.  This is the card base for this fun fold card.  On that base, I layered a 4in by 5-1/4in piece of MISTY MOONLIGHT card stock, a 3-3/4in by 5in piece of WHISPER WHITE card stock and a 3-1/2in by 4-3/4in piece of the new 6X6 INCOLOR DSP.  Before adhering them to the card front, I embossed an 8-1/2in by 2in piece of CRUMB CAKE that was scored and folded at the 4-1/4in mark to make a banner flap on the front.  I used the new mini GREENERY EMBOSSING FOLDER.  I attached the banner to the back side of my layers then adhered them to my card front.

I then die cut two identical STITCHED RECTANGLES measuring 3-1/4in by 1-7/8in.  For the rest of the card, I used this amazing bundle.

I stamped the nest and the bird image in EARLY ESPRESSO INK and cut them out using the corresponding dies.  I then cut out two branches (one in SOFT SEAFOAM, one in GARDEN GREEN) using the dies.  i used my LIGHT CALYPSO CORAL BLEND to color in my robin.  Since the stamp set has no sentiments, I used the "a little note" and the "you've been on my mind" sentiments from the BUTTERFLY GALA stamp set.  I stamped them at the top of the rectangles using MISTY MOONLIGHT INK.  







I adhered the front rectangle with TOMBOW and built my nest placing one branch, then the next, then the second branch on top.  I put the robin on with DIMENSIONALS.  I then lifted the flap and placed the second rectangle directly under the one on the front of the card.
For the next card I used the border die from the BIRDS AND MORE DIES. I love how it changes the look of the card front so beautifully.


I used a PEAR PIZZAZZ card stock base and using the vine border die, I cut off the right edge of the front panel.  I then adhered a 4in by 5-1/2in piece of VERY VANILLA card stock inside the card to highlight the beautiful vines.  To create the card front, I cut a CRUMB CAKE panel measuring 5-1/4in by 3-3/8in. Using the BIRDS & BRANCHES stamp set, I stamped the nest image and both bird images in EARLY ESPRESSO INK on VERY VANILLA card stock.  I stamped the egg in BALMY BLUE INK and used the coordinating dies to cut out all four images.  I then took a small scrap of PEAR PIZZAZZ and cut out two branches using the branch die. Using TOMBOW, I adhere one of the branches to the CRUMB CAKE panel growing up and to the left.  I then put the next on using DIMENSIONALS as well as the two birds and the egg.  Don't forget to color your robins using the CALYPSO CORAL BLENDS. Finish the scene by adhering the second branch over the front of the nest.



For the sentiment on the 5/8in by 2-7/8in strip of VERY VANILLA, I used the ORNATE THANKS stamp set.  I love how you can mix your fonts with this set.  I think that looks so beautiful.  I stamped the "Thanks" sentiment in PEAR PIZZAZZ INK and the cursive portion in MEMENTO INK.  I placed the banner at the top of the panel with DIMENSIONALS.  Before placing this panel on the card front, I took a piece of the OPEN WEAVE RIBBON from the FOREVER GREENERY TRIM COMBO PACK and tied it around the panel below the nest.  Then using a bunch of DIMENSIONALS, I adhered the panel to the PEAR PIZZAZZ card base. 
 

For this card, I used the circular die from the BIRDS AND MORE die set.  


I love this card.  Bringing in the beautiful FLOWERS FOR EVERY SEASON 6 BY 6 DESIGNER SERIES PAPER made this card look amazing.  I adhered a piece of the DSP measuring 4in by 5-1/4in to a CINNAMON CIDER card base.  I then cut a 3-1/2in square of CINNAMON CIDER and centered and cut out the circular die.  Then I stamped the "With Deepest Sympathy" sentiment on a WHISPER WHITE piece cut at 3-1/4in square.  I then adhered them together, making sure the sentiment was in the center of the circle.  On a scrap of WHISPER WHITE card stock, I stamped two flower images in PETAL PINK and the bird image in EARLY ESPRESSO.  I used the corresponding dies to cut them out.  I placed these images on the circle die cut as shown above with DIMENSIONALS and GLUE DOTS.  I put the entire panel of the card front using DIMENSIONALS.  To add the ribbon, I took a small circle punch and punched a semi circle out of the card along the fold as shown.  I then threaded the ribbon around the card base front and tied it on the bottom right.



If you have any questions about this or any project on my blog, please don't hesitate to email me (blreed@comcast.net) or message me.  If you are interested in any of the products shown in my projects, you can go to my online store to purchase them.  Just click below.




Thanks again and Keep Stamping,
Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper






No comments:

Post a Comment