Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Christmas Skinny Note Pad with Magnetic Closure featuring the TRIMMING THE TOWN SUITE

 


It's already November so it's time to start making those holiday to-do lists. This project is perfect for all your friends who love to make a list to stay organized for the holiday season.  It has a nifty magnetic closure too.  I used the adorable TRIMMING THE TOWN SUITE to make my skinny pads.


I started with a piece of MISTY MOONLIGHT card stock, cut at 8-1/4in by 7-3/4in.  On the SHORT SIDE, score at 3-1/8in, 3-3/8in, 6-1/2in, 6-3/4in and 7in.  I used a Mini Legal pad for my skinny pads.  They are 5in by 8in and I cut mine down using my Carl Cutter to 3in by 8in.  After scoring your card stock and creasing those score lines, adhere the tablet to the inside large panel, second from the left.  Now it's time to decorate.  For the front and back of the note pad, cut two pieces of PEAR PIZZAZZ card stock at 8-1/8in by 3in.  Layer those panels with DSP panels cut at 8in by 2-7/8in. Before adhering the front DSP panel, place a magnet on the front cover.  See video below for placement.

Next cut a POOL PARTY card stock strip at 1-1/2in by 8-1/2in.  Wrap the strip around the bottom portion of the notepad, starting at the left edge of the front cover.  For the embellishment on the front, I used a 2in WHISPER WHITE circle with a MISTY MOONLIGHT coordinating scallop. Using the coordinating dies in the suite, I cut out a house and tree from the beautiful Designer Series Paper.  The "Christmas Wishes" sentiment is from the BANNER YEAR Stamp Set.  I also cut a piece of DSP at 1in by 3in and adhered it to the top of the notepad to cover the label.  The video tutorial below shows how the note pad came together.


If you have any questions about this or any other project on my blog, don't hesitate to email me at blreed@comcast.net.  I hope you are inspired to create something on your own.  The product used in this project can be used in my online store.  Click on the link below.


Thanks for visiting my blog.  Don't forget to leave your email here so you will be notified every time I post.  There will be more holiday gift ideas coming soon.

Keep Stampin'

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper





No comments:

Post a Comment