Sunday, November 15, 2020

IT'S SANTA WEEK!!! Let's make a cute Chocolate Santa Treat Holder featuring Perfectly Plaid

 


I was inspired by the amazing KITCHEN TABLE STAMPER, Marissa Alvarez, for this project.  I couldn't resist this adorable treat holder. It's quick and easy and perfect for a holiday stocking stuffer.  I used some of my favorite Stampin' Up holiday products, the beautiful PLAID TIDINGS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER, the PERFECTLY PLAID BUNDLE and the BANNER YEAR STAMP SET.







To start the project, choose a plaid design from the PLAID TIDING DSP PACK.  Cut a rectangle piece at 5in by 2-3/4in.  Choose a coordinating piece of card stock, cut at 5-1/4in by 3in and layer both together.  Punch out a notch on both ends of the rectangular piece using a 3/4in Circle Punch.  These notches will help hold your ribbon on.  Bag up five chocolate Santas using a Pretzel Treat Bag.  The Amazon link below shows the size I used and the Santa Chocolates I got.





Once the chocolates are in the bag, I cut the bag off, turned the end over and scotch taped it to the back of the chocolates.  I then put a strip of TEAR N TAPE on the back and attached it to the rectangle base.  To make the tag, I cut a WHISPER WHITE strip at 1/2in by 3in.  On the strip, I stamped "Be Merry" in SHADED SPRUCE, punched a hole in the right end, threaded it on to a piece of REAL RED SATIN  RIBBON and tied the chocolates to the card stock piece.  For the Christmas Tree embellishment, I used SHADED SPRUCE card stock and stamped the tree image three times with SHADED SPRUCE INK.  Using the PINE TREE PUNCH, I punched them out and folded them in half from top to bottom.  I then glued them together to form a 3-D tree.  I used DIMENSIONALS to secure it to the treat holder.  The video tutorial below shows how the treat holder project came together.


If you have any questions about this or any other project on my blog, don't hesitate to email me at blreed@comcast.net.  All the products used for this project are available in my online store.  Click the link below.


Thank you for stopping by my blog.  I hope you feel inspired to try something crafty yourself.  Come back again soon.  I will be posting many more holiday projects for you to try.

Keep Stamping,

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper





No comments:

Post a Comment