Monday, January 11, 2021

It's almost Valentine's Day. Lovely Projects for Friends and Family featuring the LOVE YOU ALWAYS SUITE

Hello 2021!!  We thought that things would get better but 2021 said HOLD MY BEER.  In the Stampin' Up world, a new Jan-June 2021 Mini Catalog has launched and it's SALE A BRATION TIME!!  I have changed my FBLIVE format too, doing only one a week on a Tuesday evening.  It's called..

I know, pretty clever huh?  I decided to change my format because I was getting overwhelmed with the frequency and wanted to create good content not just lots of content.  The stream will be longer and include three projects.  I'm excited to get started and see how things go.  For my first FB LIVE in the new format, I chose Valentine projects featuring the LOVE YOU ALWAYS SUITE.  This suite is enormous and offers so many amazing products.  Two Bundles, two DSP packs and many other embellishments.  WOW!!


For my projects, I used the FOREVER & ALWAYS stamp set and coordinating dies.


I love the beautiful script sentiments as well as the flower images.  I also used both beautiful designer series papers for my projects, the LOVE YOU ALWAYS SPECIALTY PAPER and the TRUE LOVE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER.



My first project is the CANDY BAR CARD.  This is a fun design that combines a treat box and card into one.  I used the large M&M candy bar. What valentine wouldn't love that treat?



I used a piece of FLIRTY FLAMINGO card stock, cut at 8-1/4in by 8in.  I scored it on the long SIDE at 1-3/4in, 2-1/8in, 5-3/8in and 5-3/4in.  For the card front panel, I cut a 3-5/8in by 8in piece of FLIRTY FLAMINGO and scored at 3/8in on the SHORT side.  The polka dot panel from the TRUE LOVE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER was cut at 7-3/4in by 3in.  The inside WHISPER WHITE panel is cut at the same size.  I fussy cut a group of flowers from the same DSP pack and colored the images using FLIRTY FLAMINGO, OLD OLIVE and CALYPSO CORAL BLENDS.  I die cut the ALWAYS sentiment using BASIC BLACK cardstock for the script and WHISPER WHITE for the background.  A cut a FLIRTY FLAMINGO strip at 5/8in by 2-1/4in for the "FOREVER &" sentiment.

My second project was a Heart Cake Treat Box.  I found these adorable Little Debbie's cakes at the grocery store and said to myself, "Self, you can make a box for this."  

I visualized this box with a beautiful foil paper lid so I used a piece of the FLIRTY FLAMINGO foil paper from the LOVE YOU ALWAYS SPECIALTY PAPER STACK.  



This is a simple design so you can make bunches of these for your favorite valentines.  For the bottom of the box, I used a piece of BASIC BLACK card stock cut at 6-3/4in by 6-3/4in, scored at 1-1/2in on all sides.  Below is the cut template.


For the lid, I wanted it reinforced because the foil paper is thin and the sides of the lid will be sturdier and stand up to a lot of opening and closing.  I chose a piece of FLIRTY FLAMINGO FOIL PAPER, cut at 7-13/16in by 7 13/16in and scored at 1in and 2in on all sides.  Below is the cut template.


For the embellishments on the lid, I stamped a flower image on a piece of WHISPER WHITE cardstock using MEMENTO BLACK ink.  I colored in the flower using FLIRTY FLAMINGO BLENDS and cut it out using the coordinating die.  I adhered it to a WHISPER WHITE circle die from the STITCHED SHAPES DIES with a coordinating FLIRTY FLAMINGO scallop from the LAYERING CIRCLE DIES.  For the sentiment, I used a FLIRTY FLAMINGO cardstock "Love" sentiment with a BASIC BLACK cardstock background die.  To finish off the project, I used a piece of the beautiful BLUSHING BRIDE METALLIC RIBBON.  


My third and final project is such a charming little box.  Perfect for a girlfriend valentine gift.  I love the belly band design. This box holds four Ghirardelli Caramel Duet Hearts.  



I started with BLUSHING BRIDE card stock cut at 6-1/2in by 7-1/2in.  Score on the LONG side at 3/4in, 3-1/2in, 4-1/4in and 7in.  SHORT side at 3/4in 3-3/4in, 4-1/4in, and 7in.2552   Below is the cut template.


Before putting the box together, I adhered the DSP panels.  You will need 7 panels.  2 panels cut at 2-5/8in by 2-7/8in, 1 panel cut at 2-5/8in by 1-7/8in, 2 panels cut at 5/8in by 2-7/8in, 2 panels at 5/8in by 2-5/8in.  For the belly band, I used a strip of FLIRTY FLAMINGO card stock cut at 3/4in by 8-1/2in.  Using a punch or a die, cut out a 2in circle from the floral pattern in the TRUE LOVE DSP.  I used PETAL PINK BLENDS to give the flower some subtle color.  I used OLD OLIVE BLENDS on the leaves.  I then adhered it to a coordinating scallop from the LAYERING CIRCLE DIES before placing it on the front of the gift box.  The "for you" sentiment is from the SO SENTIMENTAL stamp set.

Click on the link below to watch the video tutorial that shows how to put all three projects together.



Click here to get your own PDF including all three projects with tutorials.


All the products for these projects can be purchased in my online store.  The link below will take you there.



Thank you so much for dropping by.  Next week I will be sharing some cute valentine gift ideas for kids.  Tune in to my FB LIVE on Tuesdays at 7pm and check out my blog for all the details following the livestream.  I hope my projects inspire you to try to create something yourself.

Keep Stamping,

The Wexford Stamper











No comments:

Post a Comment