Sunday, May 9, 2021

Create an Adorable MINI CAKE BOX with a coordinating MINI GIFT CARD featuring the PANSY PETALS SUITE

In this blog post, I'm sharing another fun project using the PANSY PETALS SUITE. I was inspired by Angie at Stampin' With Amore. I took her original design and "PANSY-FIED" it.   Here are some of the products I used.

The PANSY PETALS SUITE has a beautiful photopolymer stamp set and a coordinating die set called the PANSY PATCH BUNDLE.

My favorite part of the suite is the amazing designer series paper pack, PANSY PETALS.  It is amazingly beautiful and makes it so easy to make stunning projects.

Start with a piece of PALE PAPAYA card stock cut at 9in by 6-3/4in.  On the LONG side, score at 1/2in, 3-1/4in, 4-3/4in and 7-1/2in.  On the SHORT side, score at 1/2in, 2in, 4-3/4in and 6-1/4in.  Crease all the score lines.  Below is a template of the box.

Next choose your DSP design.  You will need one panel, cut at 2-1/2in by 2-1/2in.  Before assembling the box, adhere the DSP to the lid panel of the  box using TOMBOW.  Then using the 2in CIRCLE PUNCH cut a hole in the center.  Turn the box over and adhere a piece of WINDOW SHEET (cut at 2-1/4in by 2-1/4in) using GLUE DOTS on the underside. You can use TOMBOW, TEAR & TAPE or SEAL+ to put the box together.

 After assembly, die cut a pansy and leaf image from the coordinating DSP.  Using DIMENSIONALS, adhere them to the bottom left side of the box.  For the sentiment, use a 5/8in strip of BASIC WHITE card stock.  Stamp the THANK YOU using MEMENTO INK, and adhere the banner on the top right.   

The cakes I used are HOSTESS BABY BUNDT CAKES. I found mine at WALMART.



I designed the 3in by 3in mini card to reflect the design of the card. I used the same color card stock cut at 3in by 6in and scored at 3in. I used the same DSP, this time cut at 2-3/4in by 2-3/4in.  Again, I cut the pansy and leaf images from the DSP using the coordinating dies.  I placed them on the front of the card and finished it with a bow made using WHITE BAKERS TWINE.  Inside I adhered a 2-3/4in by 2-3/4in panel of BASIC WHITE for the sentiment. 

I hope this project inspires you to make one yourself.  To help you, I have created a downloadable PDF that you can print out with all the dimensions, products and directions.  Just click below.

PDF TUTORIAL

I've also included a video tutorial to show how the box and the card comes together.  Just click below to watch.  You can also go to my YOUTUBE Channel for more inspiration.  Just search THE WEXFORD STAMPER



Thanks for dropping by.  Next week I'll be sharing a fun PEEK A BOOK GIFT BAG.  What is a PEEK A BOO GIFT BAG you may ask?  Come back next week to find out or you can join me on May 11th at 7pm for my FB LIVE Tuesday Evening at 7pm with the Wexford Stamper.

Keep Stamping,


Barb Reed

The Wexford Stamper




No comments:

Post a Comment