Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Create a cute POST-IT NOTE GIFT BOX using the BRAND NEW PANSY PETALS SUITE

 


IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!!  The new 2021-2022 Stampin' Up Catalog is finally launching.  I have been busting at the seams just waiting to share with all my stamping peeps the amazing new products from the new catalog.  The PANSY PETALS SUITE is one of the most beautiful suites this year.  The stamp set is photopolymer and allows for two and three-step stamping and the coordinating dies let you cut out your stamped images or the images on the amazing new Designer Series Paper.  


I started off my PANSY projects with  my last blog post, where I made a cute POCKET CARD.  The project here is a cute little POST-IT NOTE GIFT BOX.  This is a great gift for the office supply lover in your life.  I found the matching POST-IT NOTES on Amazon.  The link is below.


Start with a piece of PALE PAPAYA card stock cut at 8-1/2in by 5-1/4in.  On the LONG side, score at 1/2in, 3-1/2in, 4-1/2in and 7-1/2in.  On the SHORT side, score at 1in, 4in and 4-3/4in.  Crease all the score lines.  Below is a template of the box.

Next choose your DSP design.  You will need two large panels, cut at 2-3/4in by 2-3/4in and two cut at 2-3/4in by 1/2in.  Before assembling the box, adhere these panels to your box using TOMBOW.  You can use TOMBOW, TEAR & TAPE or SEAL+ to put the box together.

After assembly, stamp your pansy image on a scrap piece of BASIC WHITE card stock.  I used three steps to create my flower.  Start with the largest flower image and stamp it in PALE PAPAYA INK.  For the detail stamp, I used CALYPSO CORAL INK, stamping off once before stamping.  I then used PALE PAPAYA INK, I stamped the center portion of the flower.  I then adhered an EARLY ESPRESSO center, cut out of card stock using the coordinating dies.  For the leaf, I stamped the large leaf image using SIMPLY SUCCULENT INK and the detailed image using EVENING EVERGREEN.  Al pieces were cut out using the die cuts. 

Before placing the flower on the front of the box, I adhered a SOFT SEAFOAM STITCHED CIRCLE in the center.  Then using DIMENSIONALS, I adhered the flower and leaf as shown.  I then stamped the THANK YOU sentiment using the EVENING EVERGREEN INK on a 5/8in of BASIC WHITE card stock.  I then adhered it at the top of the flower as shown. 

To finish the box, I punched two holes in the top flaps of the box.  I used the EVENING EVERGREEN OPEN WEAVE RIBBON to tie the box closed. 

I hope you like the POST-IT NOTE GIFT BOX project but more importantly I hope you are inspired to try something creative yourself.  If you would like to try this project, the link below is a PDF tutorial with all the products and measurements.


In addition to that PDF, I have included on this blog post a link to the FBLIVE video showing how the project came together.




Thanks as always for checking in on my blog.  I will continue next week with more project ideas using the PANSY PETALS SUITE.


Keep Stamping,

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper






 






No comments:

Post a Comment