Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Quick and Adorable Paper Bag Cards featuring the Daisy Punch and Pattern Party DSP

 


This project was inspired by one of my favorite Stampin' Up demonstrators, Marisa Alvarez, THE KITCHEN TABLE STAMPER.  She always has amazing samples to inspire.  This project caught my eye because it looked so summery and you could really substitute any flower bundle you may have with the same beautiful results.

Start out with a regular lunch bag, not the larger ones.  Before cutting the bag, it measures 11erin by 5in flat.  The first step is to cut off the bottom of the bag.  I set my bag on the trimmer, placing the open end at 9in and cutting. This next step is optional.  You now have a bag with two open ends.  I used a border die and ran both ends through my CUT & EMBOSS MACHINE to give the ends a scalloped look. This die was part of the PEONY DIES set. 


I then folded the bag to make the card.  I did not fold it in half, I folded it so that the card front was about 3/4in shorter than the back.  Finally, I folded back the front to create a 1/2in binding.  I used TEAR & TAPE to secure the binding.  Now it's time to decorate.

For the front and the inside of the card, I used paper from the PATTERN PARTY DSP.  This is an amazing paper deal available only to hosts.  That means you can have a party with friends or you can make a purchase yourself of $150 or more.  There are 48 sheets of paper in this stack. One side is colored and the back is a black and white pattern.


I chose the buffalo check pattern.  The piece on the front measured 3-3/4in by 4-7/8in and the inside piece was 4in by 4-7/8in.  Remember, all lunch bags are not alike so your measurements may be slightly different.  I did used the scallop edge die on these to pieces before adhering them to the card.  I turned the buffalo check piece of DSP over and used the beautiful BUMBLE BEE flower design on the inside of the front cover.  It measured 3-1/4in by 4-7/8in and I scalloped the edge as well. After all the paper was on, I took my adhesive and closed the pleats on both sides of the bag to make the openings smaller for my card panel and gift.

For the card panel I cut a piece of BUMBLEBEE card stock at 3-1/2in by 5in and layered a piece of BASIC WHITE card stock on top measuring 3-1/4in by 4-3/4in.  This panel tucks inside the front cover of the card.  It's a great place to stamp a sentiment or just write a little note.  For the back cover, I created a little gift.  I took two packs of daisy seeds and created a 2in belly band to hold them together.  I added a daisy flower and tucked them into the back cover.  What a fun surprise for the recipient.

For the front cover I used a 2-1/4in BASIC WHITE circle and coordinating BASIC BLACK scallop from the LAYERING CIRCLE DIES.  


I wanted to make it a birthday card, so I used the "BIRTHDAYS ARE THE BEST DAYS" sentiment from the BEAUTIFUL FRIENDSHIP stamp set.  I adhered the two pieces together and placed them on the front cover as shown with DIMENSIONALS.  For the flowers, I used my MEDIUM DAISY PUNCH, punching out 6 flower die cuts in order to create 3 daisies.  


For the flower centers, I used a 1/2in circle punch and cut three tiny circles out of BUMBLEBEE card stock.  For the leaves, I pulled out my old reliable, PIERCED BLOOMS DIES and used MOSSY MEADOW card stock.  I cut out a variety of shapes and sizes.


After placing the flowers as shown, I adhered a bow using the beautiful BLACK GLITTER RIBBON using GLUE DOTS. The video below shows how the card came together.




Click below to get a downloadable PDF for this project.


All the products used in today's project are available in my online store.  Just click below.


Thank you for stopping by my blog.  The holidays are coming so check back soon for some more projects.

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper




  



No comments:

Post a Comment