Tuesday, September 21, 2021

FIVE WEEKS OF HALLOWEEN WEEK #4- BUBBLE GUM TREAT HOLDER featuring the CUTE HALLOWEEN SUITE

It's time for week #5 of my FIVE WEEKS OF HALLOWEEN.  We are still more than a month away from the holiday but it's never too early to get your products and get started on the projects.  I'm going to using the CUTE HALLOWEEN SUITE for this project.  This suite has so many great products.  First is my favorite, the DSP.  


This paper has such adorable images, as well as back sides that are more neutral for other fall projects.  It is a 6X6 paper stack.  I also used the stamp set for the sentiment. Although I didn't use the punch with this project, check my other ones for tips and tricks for using the HALLOWEEN PUNCH.


Start with a piece of PUMPKIN PIE card stock cut at 3-1/2in by 9in.  On the LONG SIDE, score at 3in, 3-1/2in, 6-5/8in and 7-1/8in.  On the SHORT SIDE, score at 3in from both ends.  Fold and crease the score lines and cut away the pieces of the card stock as shown with the template below.


Before assembling the box, adhere the two pieces of patterned paper cut at 2-7/8in by 2-3/8in (stripe) and 2-3/8in by 1-3/4in (skeleton).  Before adhering the skeleton pattern, you can round the corners on the treat box flap and the DSP using the TRIO PUNCH. I also used the 3/4in circle punch to make a notch to help get the gum out of the box.  TOMBOW is best to put the box together.  It is helpful to put the gum pack inside the box as you are adhering it to add some stability while the glue dries.  

After the gum is secured inside the box, wrap a 3/4in strip of BASIC BLACK around it as a belly band.  That can be secured by TEAR & TAPE.  

For the embellishment on the treat box, I used the smallest curved label from the HIPPO DIES.  


I stamped the "Hey Boo!" sentiment at the bottom of the label using MEMENTO BLACK INK.  I then "fussy cut" the Halloween image and adhered it to the label using DIMENSIONALS.  Place the label on the front side of the treat box using DIMENSIONALS.  The video below shows how the project comes together.




If you would like a downloadable PDF for this project, click below



Click on the link below to shop for any of the products used in this project in my online store.



There is only one more week in this series so come back next month for my final Halloween project post.  I appreciate so much that you took time to come by and check out my blog.  I hope you are inspired to do some creating yourself.

Be kind and keep stamping,

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper






 

No comments:

Post a Comment