Tuesday, October 5, 2021

FIVE WEEKS OF HALLOWEEN- Week #5 MINI M&M TUBE TREAT BOX featuring CUTE HALLOWEEN

 


It's now October and Halloween is coming soon.  It's time to get crafty for all those trick or treaters who will be knocking on your door in a few short weeks.  To finish up my FIVE WEEKS OF HALLOWEEN series, I'm sharing this cute treat box.  It holds a large mini M&M tube or could be used for any other candies you'd likeAs with all the other projects in the series, I used the amazing CUTE HALLOWEEN SUITE.  The products in this suite give you all you need to make lots of great projects.


My favorite product in this suite is the adorable 6x6 paper stack.  The pumpkin, skeleton, bat, cat and ghost images make it easy to add a little "cute spooky" to your projects.

Start with a piece of HIGHLAND HEATHER card stock cut at 9in by 6-1/2in.  On the LONG side, score at 1-1/2in, 7-1/4in and 8-1/2in.  On the SHORT side, score at 1-1/2in, 3in, 4-1/2in and 6in. Fold and crease on all the score lines.  After cutting, your card stock will look like the template below.


Before assembling the box, adhere your panels of DSP.  I chose the bat and the stripe designs.  For the bat design, I cut four panels at 1-3/8in by 5-5/8in and for the stripe design, two panels cut at 1-3/8in by 1-1/8in.  Use TEAR & TAPE on the side tab and on the bottom flaps to put the box together.

Squeeze the top panels together and using your 1/8in CIRCLE PUNCH to punch two holes.  Thread the ribbon through the holes.  I used the BLACK GLITTER ORGANDY RIBBON for this project.  For the tag, I cut a 2in circle using the LAYERED CIRCLE DIES and stamped the spider images and the HEY, BOO! sentiment using BLACK MEMENTO INK.  Punch a hole in the top of the tag and string that onto the ribbon as you are tying the treat box closed.

Check out the video below to see how the treat box comes together.




If you'd like a downloadable PDF project tutorial, click below.



To get any of the products I mentioned, head to my online store


Thank you so much for visiting my blog.  I hope you leave inspired to try a project on your own.  This was the last Halloween project post for this year.  Next week I will share some projects I created using the DELICATE DAHLIAS stamp set.  

Be kind and keep stamping,


Barb Reed

The Wexford Stamper



No comments:

Post a Comment