Tuesday, October 5, 2021

FIVE WEEKS OF HALLOWEEN- BONUS PROJECT- CUTE AND SPOOKY TREAT MUG featuring the CUTE HALLOWEEN SUITE

 


I know, I know my FIVE WEEKS OF HALLOWEEN SERIES is over but I couldn't resist just one more project.  This adorable SPOOKY MUG TREAT HOLDER is a perfect gift for your favorite trick or treater, your coworkers and friends.  As with all the projects, I used the products from the CUTE HALLOWEEN SUITE.  This suite is a winner!


For this project, I will be using the CUTEST HALLOWEEN Stamp Set, the CUTE HALLOWEEN DSP and the BLACK & WHITE GINGHAM RIBBON.  

Start with a piece of HIGHLAND HEATHER card stock, cut at 8-1/2in by 4-1/4in.  On the SHORT side, score at 1-1/2in.  On the LONG side, score every inch, that's 1in, 2in, 3in, 4in, 5in, 6in, 7in and 8in. Fold and crease on the score lines.  After cutting, your project will look like the template pictured below.



Before assembling the mug, cut 8 panels of the skeleton design DSP at 2-5/8in by 7/8in. and adhere them to the panels on the card stock.  Next, use TEAR & TAPE on the 1/2in panel to adhere the mug together.  Turn the mug upside down so the eight tabs are on top.  Put a small bit of TOMBOW liquid adhesive on each tab and carefully fold down each tab, keeping the roundness of the mug.  To secure the mug's bottom, adhere a 2in circle to the bottom. On one of the panels attach the mug's handle.  This is a 1/2in by 4in strip of HIGHLAND HEATHER card stock scored at 1/2in from each end.

For the tag, I stamped the "Hey, Boo!" sentiment and spider image on a BASIC WHITE 2in circle using BLACK MEMENTO INK.  I layered the circle on a coordinating BASIC BLACK SCALLOP DIE.  Punch a hole in the tag using a 1/8in CIRCLE PUNCH and string it onto the bag of treat using the BLACK & WHITE GINGHAM RIBBON.

The video below shows how the mug comes together.  Fast forward half way through to see this bonus project.




Click on the link below to get a downloadable PDF



All the products used for this project are available in my online store.  Click below.


Thanks again for stopping by my blog.  I hope you feel inspired to get crafty.  Next week I will be sharing some cute fall cards using that FREEBIE stamp set DELICATE DAHLIAS so get it out and get ready to create.

Keep Stamping and Happy Fall,

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper






No comments:

Post a Comment