Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Make this quick and easy TAPERED TREAT BOX using your favorite Christmas DSP

 


Christmas is just around the corner and I love this project because it can be used for so many things.  It can be a gift box, holding small gifts like jewelry or makeup.  It can be a treat box, storing your favorite chocolate.  I love the idea of using it as a table favor, filling it will goodies for the guest and putting their name on the front.  This TAPERED TREAT BOX is quickly becoming one of my favorites to make and give. I love the unique shape of the box and the magnetic closure.  This box is totally a keeper.


Choose your favorite DSP and a coordinating card stock color.  Cut the cardstock at 7-1/2in by 9-3/4in.  On the LONG side, score at 2-1/4in, 4-1/2in, 6-3/4in and 8-1/4in.  On the SHORT side, score at 2-1/4in from both sides. Below is a picture of the box template after it is scored, creased and cut.


Cut four pieces of DSP at 2-1/8in by 2-7/8in (2 pieces) and 1-3/8in by 2-7/8in (2 pieces).   On the end that has the two smaller card stock panels, round the corners using the DETAILED TRIO PUNCH. 



Using a GLUE DOT, attach a magnet at the center of the panel with the rounded corners.  The link below is where I found the magnets on AMAZON.


Then take one of the smaller DSP pieces and adhere it to that panel, over the magnet using TOMBOW.  Adhere the second small piece to the adjacent panel.  On the first larger box panel, adhere one of the larger pieces.  If your paper has a required orientation, be sure to turn it upside down before adhering.

Next, to assemble the box, put glue on the four small tab and  fold the sides together.  To position the other magnet, let it attract to the first one on the underside of the flap.  Place a GLUE DOT on the unstuck side, close the box and allow the magnet to stick to the unfinished panel.  After it's positioned, adhere the last piece of DSP over that panel.

For my boxes, since I was going to put HERSHEY KISSES in mine, I found the perfect sentiment from the SWEET LITTLE STOCKINGS stamp set.  



I stamped using a coordinating ink on BASIC WHITE card stock.  The PEACE, JOY & KISSES sentiment was perfect. I used the DOUBLE OVAL PUNCH to cut out the oval, then I cut the scalloped oval in the coordinating card stock.  I layered those pieces together and placed them on the front of the box flap using DIMENSIONALS.


The link below is from my YOUTUBE channel and shows how the box comes together.



If you'd like to download a printable PDF, click on the link below.


Thank you for stopping by my blog.  I hope you are inspired to try some projects yourself.  Come back soon for some more great holiday projects.  Next week a WINDOWED COOKIE BOX.  

Keep Stamping,

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper











No comments:

Post a Comment