Tuesday, January 25, 2022

VALENTINE'S DAY TREAT HOLDER SERIES- PROJECT #4- BABY BUNDT CAKE TREAT BOX

 




Here in freezing cold PA, January is coming to a close.  With February just around the corner, I love creating for my VALENTINE'S DAY TREAT BOX SERIES.  For my fourth box, I used a favorite color of mine for the box.  Although GRANNY APPLE GREEN may not be a typical color choice for the box with the SWEET TALK SUITE it works and goes so well with the amazing DSP. Check out the amazing products in this suite.


The SWEET CONVERSATIONS BUNDLE has so many cute images and dies.  My favorite is the cute little hearts that channel the Conversation Heart candies from my childhood and the die that makes an adorable tiny envelope.


I just love this paper and I chose a design that had some small GRANNY APPLE GREEN hearts in it and that gave me the inspiration to create this box.  I always start my box creation with the treat in mind.  For this one, I chose a twin pack of BABY BUNDT CAKES.  I found them at my local convenience store and last year I made a similar project with a single cake and it was a fan favorite.  These cakes were a limited edition, especially for Valentine's Day.


Start with a piece of GRANNY APPLE GREEN card stock cut at 8-3/4in by 8in.  On the LONG SIDE, score at 1/2in, 1-3/4in, 7in, and 8-1/4in.  On the SHORT SIDE, score at 1/2in, 3in, 4-1/4in and 6-3/4in.  After creasing the score lines and cutting away the excess cardstock, your box should look like the template below.


Before assembling the box, adhere the DSP cut at 5-1/8in by 2-3/8in to the top flap using TOMBOW.  Place TOMBOW on all the box's small flaps and put the box together.  

To decorate the lid, adhere a 3/4in by 5-1/8in strip on REAL RED CARD STOCK to the front of the box lid.  Over this, strip adhere a BLUSHING BRIDE heart strip die cut from the coordinating dies.  The die will not reach all the way across the box.  To cover the remaining space, adhere a 2in BASIC WHITE circle with a REAL RED coordinating scallop together and place it on the box using DIMENSIONALS.

Die cut the mini envelope in BLUSHING BRIDE CARD STOCK and glue it together, leaving the top flap open.  Using the small heart dies, cut out three hearts from the coordinating DSP.  Adhere them to the envelope as shown.  Finish off the box with a cute little bow.

Check out the YOUTUBE video below to see how the box comes together.




If you'd like a downloadable PDF tutorial for this project, click the link below.


If you love the SWEET TALK SUITE, all the products are available in my online store.  Just click the link below.


Thanks as always for stopping by my blog.  Can't believe I only have one more installment of my VALENTINE'S DAY TREAT HOLDER SERIES.  Stop back and see the last Valentine post.  I hope you are inspired to make some cute 3D Valentine Treats for your favorite valentine's.

Keep Stampin,

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper













No comments:

Post a Comment