Thursday, March 26, 2020

Cute Foil Egg Treat Box using the Layered with KIndness Stamp Set and the Label Me Fancy Punch


As I write this blog post the sun is finally shining through the window after a long period of cloudy days.  I'm reminded again that Spring is on its way.  With Spring comes the arrival of Easter and nothing screams Easter more than FOIL CHOCOLATE EGGS.  

These cute little foil egg boxes measure about 8 inches long and hold about 6 foil eggs.  I started with a piece of card stock, in the picture above I used PACIFIC POINT, MELON MAMBO and DAFFODIL DELIGHT. The card stock is cut at 3-1/2in by 8in.  Using my SIMPLY SCORED SCORING TOOL, I scored on the long side at 1/2in, 1-1/4in, 6-3/4in and 7-1/2in.  On the short side, I scored at 3/4in, 1-1/2in, 2-1/4in and 3in.  Before assembling, I adhered to each of the four panels, strips of the 6X6 BRIGHTS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER in the coordinating color.  The strips are cut at 5/8in by 5-1/4in.  Lastly, to create the small window, I took the CLASSIC LABEL PUNCH and punch out a window about 1-1/2in in on the panels with DSP. 



Using TOMBOW LIQUID GLUE, I adhered the box together along the side flap.  I pinched closed one end and secured it with two GLUE DOTS.  I put the foil eggs in and secured the other end.  To embellish, I tied a pretty box using the POLKA DOT TULLE RIBBON.  


For the tag, I used the amazing LAYERED WITH KINDNESS stamp set and coordinating LABEL ME FANCY PUNCH. 



 I stamped the "FOR MY FRIEND" sentiment in the coordinating color on a scrap of WHISPER WHITE CARD STOCK and punched it out.  I used a DIMENSIONAL to secure it to the box.  And that's it.  Easy and fun.  I could make a million of them.  At least until my unusually large stockpile of foil eggs from Amazon runs out.  Here is the link to those yummy foil eggs.



Below is the YouTube video tutorial showing how this fun project came together.





If you have any questions about this or any project on my blog, please don't hesitate to email me (blreed@comcast.net) or message me.  If you are interested in any of the products shown in my projects, you can go to my online store to purchase them.  Just click below.








Thanks again and Keep Stamping,
Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper





No comments:

Post a Comment