Wednesday, February 15, 2023

LET'S HAVE FUN CREATING WITH THE SALE A BRATION FREEBIE, DAINTY FLOWERS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER

 


SALE A BRATION is coming to a close this month.  There have been so many amazing FREEBIES available in the SALE A BRATION BROCHURE.  In this post, I will share one of my favorites.  I always LOVE Stampin' Up's Designer Series Paper FREEBIES and I'm adding the DAINTY FLOWERS PAPER PACK to that list.


With Spring on its way, this paper will making beautiful cards and 3D projects for all your upcoming special occasions.  If you look at the bottom right of the paper above, you will see a piece with the oval flowers image.  

To make the cards in the image at the top of this blog post, you need to carefully cut this DSP sheet apart.  With a row of the oval flowers along the right vertical edge, cut off that section at the five inch mark.  Then cut apart each image by cutting at 4 inches.  Since I wanted to layer with a piece of card stock on the card front, I took a sixteenth of an inch off each side and adhered it to a 4in by 5in piece of card stock.  In the picture above, I used MIDNIGHT SKY, OLD OLIVE and RICH RAZZLEBERRY card stock layers.  All three cards used BLUSHING BRIDE card bases.  I then cut a BASIC WHITE oval for the sentiment in the center.  The "thanks" sentiment is from the SIMPLY SUCCULENTS STAMP SET, the "heartfelt sympathy" sentiment is from the SEASIDE BAY STAMP SET and the "Easter Blessings" sentiment is from the FLOWERING TULIPS STAMP SET. Don't have any of those, search your stash.  I'm sure you'll find something that works.

I added LINEN TWINE and  CLASSIC MATTE DOTS to embellish the cards. Love this design so beautiful and simple.

Here's another cute design that's perfect to use with this paper pack.


Start with a BASIC WHITE card base with the fold on the left side.  Next, choose a floral design and a coordinating neutral pattern.  Cut a strip of the neutral pattern DSP at 2in by 5-1/4in and adhere it to the left side of the card front along the fold.  Cut a piece of coordinating solid card stock at 3-1/4in by 5in, above I used FRESH FRESIA and MIDNIGHT SKY.  Layer a coordinating floral design from the DSP paper pack cut at 3in by 4-3/4in on to the card stock. For the sentiments, I punched out BASIC WHITE card stock using the LABEL ME FANCY PUNCH.  I stamped the "hello" sentiment from the BIGGEST WISH STAMP SET using FRESH FRESIA INK.  For the "Take Care of Yourself" sentiment, I used the CUP OF TEA STAMP SET, stamping in MIDNIGHT SKY INK.  I added MIDNIGHT SKY BAKER'S TWINE and CRUMB CAKE TWINE.  I finished the cards by using PEARL BASIC JEWELS.


I love to make FUN FOLD CARDS so of course I wanted to add a design for this DSP.  Start with a piece of BASIC WHITE card stock cut at 5-1/2in by 4-1/4in.  On the LONG side, score at 2-1/8in from each side.  Crease the score lines and fold the sides into the center.  Cut two piece of OLD OLIVE card stock, each at 2in by 5-1/4in. Cut out 2 pieces of DSP at 1-7/8in by 5in, layer them on to the card stock and then on to the card front.  For the belly band, I used a strip of PEAR PIZZAZZ card stock cut at 1-1/4in by 8-1/2in, wrapped it around the card and adhered it together in the front using TOMBOW.  I then cut out a BASIC WHITE 2-3/8in circle using a circle die and it's coordinating scallop using PEAR PIZZAZZ card stock.  On the circle, I stamped the sentiment "THANKS friend" using BLUSHING BRIDE and MIDNIGHT SKY INK.  Layer the circle on to the scallop and adhere it to the belly band using DIMENSIONALS.  I embellished the card using some PEARL BASIC JEWELS.

The next project include a mini gift bag and coordinating card.


Let's work on the gift bag first.  Find the piece of DSP that has the design shown in the projects above.  With the row of flowers sitting vertically in the trimmer, cut the paper at 6-1/2in.  Turn the paper and cut the long side at 9-1/2in. Put the DSP panel in the scoring board.  Score on the LONG side at 3in, 4-1/2in, 7-1/2in and 9in.  On the SHORT side, score at 3/4in and 5-1/2in.  Fold and crease the DSP, cut off the small rectangle at the bottom of the narrow panel and cut up each of the other vertical score lines to the first horizontal score line to create the bottom flaps of the bag.  With right side up, fold down the 3/4in panel to create a coordinating band of color around the top of the bag.  Glue it down.  Assemble the bag placing TOMBOW on the narrow vertical panel and the bottom tabs.  

For the handle of the bag, I used a piece of the ORCHID OASIS METALLIC WOVEN RIBBON.  I punched holes on both sides of the bag and threaded the ribbon through.  To finish the bag, I added the "Just thinking of you TODAY" sentiment stamped in RICH RAZZLEBERRY INK on a 1-3/8in BLUSHING BRIDE card stock circle.  I adhered it to the bag using DIMENSIONALS.

For the coordinating card, I started with a BLUSHING BRIDE card base, cut so the fold is on top.  I then took the 2-1/2in piece of the floral DSP left from the bag and cut it at 5 inches in length.  I layered it on to a piece of RICH RAZZLEBERRY card stock measuring 2-3/4in by 5-1/4in and adhered the panel to the front-left of the card front.  For the sentiment, I used "Happy Mother's Day" from the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET.  I stamped it in RICH RAZZLEBERRY INK on to a 7/8in strip of BASIC WHITE card stock.  I flagged the right end of the strip and adhered it to the card front as shown using DIMENSIONALS.

My last project may be my favorite. These cute little SEED POUCHES are so easy to put together and a great gift as spring approaches. 


The seeds I used for these pouches are SEEDS OF CHANGE.  I found them at WALMART

To create this pouch, start with a piece of coordinating card stock cut at 4-1/2in by 9-1/4in.  I used BLUSHING BRIDE and PEAR PIZZAZZ in the samples above.  On the LONG side, score at 2-3/4in, 3-1/4in.  Fold up the panel and adhere a piece of coordinating DSP from the DAINTY FLOWERS PAPER PACK measuring 2-1/2in by 4in.  Slide the seed packets in and fold up the front panel, securing it with ribbonFor the sentiment, I used the HAPPINESS ABOUNDS STAMP SET.  I cut a 1/2in BASIC WHITE strip of card stock, stamped using OLD OLIVE INK and trimmed them using the LOVELY LABELS PICK A PUNCH.  I adhered the sentiment using DIMENSIONALS. 

To see how all these projects came together, click on the video below.




To get a downloadable PDF Tutorial for all the projects, click below.


To purchase any of the products used for these projects, head to my online store.


Thanks for stopping be my blog.  Remember, SALE A BRATION will be ending soon.  Hope you feel inspired to create something beautiful.

Keep on stamping,

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper










No comments:

Post a Comment