Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Creating with the BIRD BALLAD SUITE- A Twist Close Box

I've always loved birds.  I love to watch them and stamp with them.  Stampin' Up has always had amazing sets using our feathered friends, but with the BIRD BALLAD SUITE, Stampin' Up has outdone themselves.  The stamped images are so nice as well as the coordinating dies, but the paper,  OH MY GOODNESS!!



I really enjoyed creating with this suite.So many possibilities. Here are the samples I chose for my monthly Stamp of the Month class.



For this card I used the STITCHED RECTANGLE DIES to create a window on the front panel of the card.  I covered the front with a piece of the beautiful Designer Series Paper and added a tag and a LINEN TWINE bow.  I used my STAMPIN' BLENDS to color the birds image.  I also stamped the THANK YOU image on the inside.


For this card, I used a bright DAFFODIL DELIGHT card stock base.  I added an extra layer of the card stock that had been embossed using the SUBTLE 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER, giving it an interesting and beautiful texture.  Then I cut out a piece of the coordinating DSP using those amazing STITCHED NESTED LABELS, available as part of the suite.  I also cut out a smaller label in POOL PARTY card stock and stamped the sentiment in MEMENTO INK.  For the remaining images, I stamped them on WHISPER WHITE card stock using MEMENTO INK, colored them with my STAMPIN' BLENDS and "fussy cut" them out. I then added a few PEARLS and a MOSSY MEADOW BAKERS TWINE bow for finishing touches.

For a 3D project, I found this cute TWIST CLOSE BOX on YouTube, made by the amazing Sam Donald @pootlespapercraft.  I took her idea and used the BIRD BALLAD SUITE (box on the right). So cute and easy.  I could make a million of these and they are nice and large for holding all kinds of goodies.


To make this box, you need a piece of card stock that is 8in by 11in.  The panels of DSP on the box, six of them in total, are 1-1/2in by 4-1/4in.

On the long side of the card stock, score at 1-3/4in, 3-1/2in, 5-1/4in, 7in, 8-3/4in and 10-1/2in.  On this same side, using your scoring tool, put a tick mark at 7/8in, 2-5/8in, 4-3/8in, 6-1/8in, 7-7/8in and 9-5/8 in.  Using a straight edge score a line from the bottom right corner of the small rectangles at the top of the paper to each tick mark.  The video below shows you how to create this box.





If you have any questions about this or any project on my blog, please don't hesitate to email me or message me.  If you are interested in any of the products shown in my projects, you can go to my online store to purchase them.  Just click below.


Thanks again and Keep Stamping,
Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper
blreed@comcast.net


















No comments:

Post a Comment