Tuesday, August 13, 2019

BACK TO SCHOOL Pencil Treat Box

It's BACK TO SCHOOL TIME!!! Here in Pennsylvania, school starts for my teacher friends in less than two weeks.  This project is a perfect gift for your favorite teacher or student.  The eraser end comes off and you can load it with lots of goodies.  If you have a scoring board, this project is quick and easy.


I started with a piece of Mango Melody card stock, cut at 8in by 8-1/2in.  On the long side, I scored it at 1/2in, 2-1/2in, 4-1/2in, 6-1/2in.  On the short side, I scored it at 6in.  I turned the card stock so the 1/2in rectangle was along the right side of the scoring board and placed a tick mark in the middle of the side of each rectangle (1in, 3in, 5in and 7in).


Place your cardstock back on your work surface and using a ruler and your scoring tool, draw a diagonal line from the tic mark to the intersection of the score lines to the left of the tick mark as shown here.



Using your paper snips, cut a diagonal from that tick mark on each square and cut off that wedge of cardstock as shown below.  Crease all your score lines.


Place Tear & Tape on all the triangular flaps and the long 1/2in rectangle along the edge.  Assemble as shown in the video below.


For the eraser, use a 5in. by 5 in piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock and score it at 1-1/2in on all 4 sides.  Cut a 1/2in wide strip of Silver Foil Specialty Paper and adhere it to the edge of the assembled lid. The sentiment on the box is from the ABOVE THE CLOUDS stamp set and stamped on a 1/2in by 3-14in strip.

The video below takes you through the entire process.








If you have any questions about this or any project on my blog, please don't hesitate to email me or message me.  If you are interested in any of the products shown in my projects, you can go to my online store to purchase them.  Just click below.





Thanks again and Keep Stamping,
Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper
blreed@comcast.net








No comments:

Post a Comment