Tuesday, March 10, 2020

A St. Patrick's Day Door Hanger filled with Chocolate Coins for your favorite LEPRECHAUN

Another fun St. Patrick's project, perfect for surprising your friend in perfect "leprechaun" style, is the DOOR HANGER.   I have seen tutorials for this project so it was just a matter of taking that inspiration and putting my own twist on it.  Oh,  and putting a big bag of chocolate coins inside.


Just as with my previous project, I used some of the great Valentine's Day products in this project. To make the shamrock, I used a heart image and coordinating die from the MEANT TO BE STAMP SET and the STITCHED BE MINE DIES.  The stem of the shamrock was made using the stem image from the TIMELESS TULIPS STAMP SET.  Again I used the "So lucky to have a friend like you" sentiment from the HEARTFELT STAMP SET.  





For the hanger base, cut a piece of GRANNY APPLE GREEN card stock at 8-1/2in by 10-1/2in.  On the long side, score at 1/2in, 2-1/2in, 5-1/2in and 7-1/2in.  On the short side, score at 2in.  Score at 5in but stop at the second horizontal score line.  Turn the paper 180 degrees and score at 3-1/2in to the second score line.  Use the 2018-2020 INCOLOR DSP STACK, Granny Apple Green of course, on the inside and sides of the box.  The panels should be cut at 2-3/4in by 6in, 2-3/4in by 2-3/4in, 1-3/4in by 2-3/4in (2 pieces).  



I used the STITCHED SHAPE DIES, GRANNY APPLE GREEN TEXTURED WEAVE RIBBON, and CRUSHED CURRY WRINKLED SEAM BINDING to embellish the box. The video tutorial below shows how to put the hanger box together.  

THE DIMENSIONS OF THE CARDSTOCK FOR THE BOX IS 8-1/2in by 10-1/2in.  I misspoke in the video.  Sorry for any confusion.










If you have any questions about this or any project on my blog, please don't hesitate to email me (blreed@comcast.net) or message me.  If you are interested in any of the products shown in my projects, you can go to my online store to purchase them.  Just click below.






Thanks again and Keep Stamping,
Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper







No comments:

Post a Comment