Thursday, July 30, 2020

A Christmas In July Celebration featuring the SNOWFLAKE SPLENDOR SUITE- A gift box and a card




It's almost here!!  The brand new 2020 Aug-Dec Mini Catalog is launching in just a few days.  I thought it would be a great time to preview one of my favorite suites from the mini.  The SNOWFLAKE SPLENDOR SUITE is everything you think of when you imagine the cold days of winter.  It has amazing snow flake images and dies as will as beautiful paper highlighting blues and purples as the color palate.  Don't forget the amazing embellishments and ribbon, both sparkly and iridescent as ice and snow.  I can't publish images of the products until August 4th but I can show you the two projects I made during my biweekly FBLIVE streams.

For this card, I started with a NIGHT OF NAVY card base.  I then cut a piece of the beautiful Designer Series Paper a 4in by 5-1/4in to layer on top.  I then cut a piece of WHISPER WHITE card stock at 3-3/4in by 5in and ran it through the die cutting/embossing machine using the SNOWFLAKES EMBOSSING FOLDER.  i then took two of the gorgeous snowflake dies and cut three snowflake images out of the WHISPER WHITE panel as shown above.  I then adhered the WHISPER WHITE panel to the DSP panel using DIMENSIONALS.  Before adhering it to the card front, I took a 6in piece of the SNOWFLAKE SPLENDOR RIBBON, ran it along the left side of the panel and adhered the ends on the back with scotch tape.  I then adhered the entire panel to the card front using TOMBOW ADHESIVE.  

I then stamped the sentiment on a label die from the STITCHED SO SWEETLY DIES using PACIFIC POINT INK.  I adhered it to the card front using DIMENSIONALS.  I then used two of the snowflakes I cut out using the dies and adhered them to the front of the card using MINI DIMENSIONALS and placed a BLUE ADHESIVE BACKED GEM to the center of each snowflake and one on the sentiment label. Finally, I adhered a bow to the top of the ribbon using a GLUE DOT.  So pretty.

The gift box was super fun to make.  I used a 12in by 12in piece of DSP from the suite and scored all four sides at 3in.  For the base of the box, I cut a piece of SMOKY SLATE card stock at 11-15/16th by 11-15/16th.  I scored all four sides at 3in as well.  The video tutorial below shows how both the card and the box comes together.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  If you have questions about any of the projects you see, don't hesitate to email me at blreed@comcast.net.  Any products I used can be purchased in my online store.  Click the link below.


Next week I will begin a series of projects using the adorably retro bundle, NOTHING'S BETTER THAN.  You'll love it.  Come back soon and check it out.

Keep Stamping,

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper 






No comments:

Post a Comment