Friday, August 7, 2020

A Cute Cookie Treat Bag and Simple Card using the NOTHING'S BETTER THAN Bundle

 

For my project's this week, I finally got to use a fun set I've been eyeing for some time. The NOTHING'S BETTER THAN Bundle is an adorable retro set, designed by Connie Stewart, a Stampin' Up demonstrator in recognition of her MILLION DOLLARS IN SALES.  Incredible!!  If you ever watch Connie, you know that this design matches her style perfectly.  The set gives you four different options for your cards, Cookies, Chocolate, Coffee and Cocktails.  By adding the various sentiments allow you to create many different messages.  So fun.

My first project is the cute little Cookie Treat Bag.  I started with a piece of CRUMB CAKE CARD STOCK measuring 8-1/2in by 10-1/2in. Before I scored the bag, I randomly stamped all over the card stock using the cookie outline image. I used EARLY ESPRESSO ink.  Then using my SIMPLY SCORED SCORING BOARD, starting on the LONG side, I scored at 2-1/2in, 5in, 7-1/2in, 10in.  On the SHORT side, I scored at 2-1/2in.   For the banner on the front of the bag, I used a piece of COASTAL CABANA CARD STOCK cut at 5in by 2in and flagged the bottom using my TAILORED LABEL PUNCH.  For the label on the front, I used the middle sized stitched label from the HIPPO AND FRIENDS DIE SET to cut out a WHISPER WHITE label.  Using EARLY ESPRESSO ink, I stamped the "TODAY'S PLAN: CONSUME" sentiment and two cookie images.  I then used the fill in stamp and CRUMB CAKE ink to color in both cookies.  On a scrap of WHISPER WHITE, I stamped an identical cookie and cut it out using the coordinating die.  For the COOKIES sentiment, I used the coordinating die cut and COASTAL CABANA CARD STOCK on the amazing new FOAM ADHESIVE SHEETS.  Watch the video below for some great tips.  After assembling the bag and banner, I attached to the top of the bag with BRAIDED LINEN TRIM. For the card, I used PETAL PINK for the card base.  I then took a strip of WHISPER WHITE CARD STOCK cut at 2-1/2in by 5-1/2in and stamped the chocolate candy image randomly in MEMENTO BLACK INK.  Using my LIGHT CRUMB CAKE BLEND, I colored them in then using the asterisk image, I stamped to fill in the white space using both COASTAL CABANA and FLIRTY FLAMINGO ink.  The label I used for the card front is from the PRETTY LABELS DIES but you can use what you have.  Watch the video below and you can see how the treat bag and card comes together.

If you have any questions about any of the projects, please contact me at blreed@comcast.net.  All the products I used in these projects can be purchased in my online store


Thanks again for stopping by my blog. I hope you were inspired to create something fun yourself.  My next blog post will use this bundle one more time.  I'll be making a cute Chocolate Treat Box.  Come back soon.

Keep on Stamping,

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper




No comments:

Post a Comment