Monday, May 2, 2022

COMING SOON- HUES OF HAPPINESS SUITE Creating for a Fun Stamping Event

 


Just back from a fun demonstrator event in Fayetteville PA.  The amazing two-day experience was offered by Connie Heisey and Jody Breckbill.  I was blessed to be asked to create an INSPIRATION STATION, featuring the beautiful new HUES OF HAPPINESS SUITE.  


There were some crafters who requested tutorials for many of my projects.  In this blog, I will include these tutorials or provide links to other places on my blog that have similar projects.  Let's start with the LARGE GIFT BAG WITH HANGER AND COORDINATING CARD.


This gift bag is a great DSP buster and looks amazing.  Here's a link to another blogpost that shares this project.



I love this CONCERTINA FOLD CANDY BAR HOLDER.  Here's the blog post link to this project.




These cards are a beautiful way to use up your DSP.  It's fun and easy to make a DSP CARD BASE CARD. To make these cards, take a piece of DSP and cut it at 4in by 12in.  Cut off 1-1/2in of either end.  Now score at 1in from either end and then 5-1/4in.  Fold back the 1in score line and adhere it. This panel becomes the front of your card. Fold at the 5-1/4in to create the card and put a 5in by 3-3/4in piece of BASIC WHITE card stock inside for your sentiment.  In the card above, I used the new HAPPINESS HUES DSP.  On the outside, I used a BASIC WHITE STITCHED RECTANGLE and a coordinating card stock rectangle and layered them together.  Stamp your sentiment on the front and adhere it to the card front as shown.  Use the HUES OF HAPPINESS DIES and cut a coordinating flower out of the DSP and attach it to the card front using DIMENSIONALS.


This LARGE TRIANGLE TREAT BOX is just beautiful and so roomy.  I also added a magnetic closure.  The link below with take you to the blog post with a tutorial.



These cute table favors take less than two minutes to make.......REALLY.  The treat I used were the individually wrapped DARK CHOCOLATE PEANUT SNICKER BROWNIES.  I got them at Target.


Cut a piece of DSP at 4in by 6in.  Place a piece of TEAR & TAPE on one of the short ends.  Place paper face down, put the candy in the middle, wrap it and secure with the adhesive.  I took a stapler to close the ends and keep them secure.  Finally I added a 1-3/8in circle with a sentiment and embellished with INCOLOR BAKER'S TWINE and GLOSSY GEMS.


This BOOK BINDING card design is a fun and unique way to make a greeting card.  The link below shows an Easter card made with the same technique.



This purse is one of the most popular projects I've ever made.  So easy and beautiful. The link below will share with you a downloadable PDF.


Hope this post helps you create the projects you love.  Don't hesitate to email me at blreed@comcast.net if you have any questions. Thanks to all those great stampers I got to chat with last weekend.  You all inspire me.

Keep Stamping,

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper








2 comments:

  1. You projects are stunning! Thank you for sharing at the demo event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. This suite is so beautiful, it makes card making so easy.

      Delete