Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Timeless Tulips Mother;s Day Card and Tall Gift Bag



Despite these uncertain times, it brings me hope that Spring is on its way.  There are so many beautiful Spring themed stamp sets and dies in the 2020 Mini Catalog but the Timeless Tulips Bundle is one of my favorites. The tulip is a beautiful sign of new beginnings and the coordinating punch makes it quick and easy to make cards and 3D projects.  


The first is a tall gift bag.  This bag is fairly large and can hold lots of wonderful gifts like cookies or candy, a scarf or jewelry.  The Granny Apple Green Ribbon is the perfect topper to this beautiful bag.


I started with a piece of Flirty Flamingo card stock cut at 8in by 11in.  On the LONG side, using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool, I scored at 3-1/4in, 5-1/4in, 8-1/2in and 10-1/2in.  I then "part scored" at 4-1/2in and 9-1/2in down to the 5in mark.  On the SHORT side, I scored at 2in.  To guarantee a nice pleat on the side of the bag, I took my scoring tool and a ruler and draw a line for the end of the line at the 5in mark to the corners made by the score lines.

For the front panel, I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock at 5-1/4in by 3in.  On that panel, I stamped two stems and leaves in Granny Apple Green Ink at the bottom.  Then on a scrap of Whisper White card stock, I stamped two tulips and two extra petals in Flirty Flamingo Ink and punched them out using the Tulip Builder Punch.  I adhered the flowers to the panel using dimensionals and the extra petals as well.  I then adhered the panel to the front of the bag using Tombow Liquid Glue.  I cut a 3/4in by 3in strip of Blushing Bride for the sentiment.  I flagged the right side and adhered it to the bag with dimensionals. I finished the bag off with a beautiful piece of Granny Apple Green ribbon.  I love it.



With Mother's Day just around the corner, I thought this was a great bundle for a very special cards.  As Mother's Day draws closer, you see all the flower sellers setting up tents around our town here and the tulips always look so beautiful.  That memory was the inspiration for my card.



I used a standard size piece of Crumb Cake card stock for my card base.  I also used the largest of the Stitched Nested Labels Dies from the Bird Ballad Suite to cut out a Whisper White label for the card front.  Before I placed that on the card, I took a piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock cut at 4in by 5-1/4in and stamped all over with the script stamp from the Parisian Beauty stamp set using Pear Pizzazz ink.  Before adhering that to the card front, I tied a piece of Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon around it with a bow.  On the large stitched label, I stamped two stems and two leaves using Pear Pizzazz ink. On a separate scrap of Whisper White card stock, I stamped two tulip and two extra petal images using the Mango Melody ink.  Punch out those images using the Tulip Builder Punch and adhere them to the label above the stems using dimensionals.  I stamped the "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment on a 3/4in strip of So Saffron card stock. Finally I placed the completed label and the sentiment banner on the card front with dimensionals.  Such a beautiful Spring card.  Below is a video tutorial to show you how the tall bag and the card came together.





If you have any questions about this or any project on my blog, please don't hesitate to email me (blreed@comcast.net) or message me.  If you are interested in any of the products shown in my projects, you can go to my online store to purchase them.  Just click below.





Thanks again and Keep Stamping,
Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper








No comments:

Post a Comment