Tuesday, May 26, 2020

BEAUTIFUL FACETED BOX MADE USING THE PEACEFUL POPPIES SUITE




Less than two weeks left before the launch of the new catalog, so I thought it would be a great idea to use some of my favorite Designer Series Paper from the Mini Catalog for this project.  The PEACEFUL POPPIES SUITE was one of my favorite suites from the mini because of this paper.  The stamps and dies are amazing as well and thankfully many of these products will be transferring into the new Annual Catalog.  But I wanted to share my love of the poppy paper by making this cute FACETED GIFT BOX.


For the embellishment on the box, I used a label die from the suite.  I stamped the poppy image using MEMENTO INK and colored it using my POPPY PARADE BLENDS. before cutting it out using the dies.  I used the leaf die and cut out two leaves using MOSSY MEADOW CARD STOCK.





For the box, I started with a 9in by 8-1/2in piece of POPPY PARADE CARD STOCK. On the LONG SIDE, score at 1in, 1-1/4in,3in, 6in, 7-3/4in and 8in.  On the SHORT SIDE score at 1-1/2in, 4in,5-1/2in and 8in.  The DSP panels are cut at 2-1/4in by 1-1/2in (4 panels), 2-1/4in by 2-3/4in (2 panels) and 1-1/4in by 2-3/4in (2 panels).  The video below shows how the box comes together.


If you have any questions about this or any project on my blog, please don't hesitate to email me (blreed@comcast.net) or message me.  If you are interested in any of the products shown in my projects, you can go to my online store to purchase them.  Just click below.










Thanks again and Keep Stamping,
Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper



No comments:

Post a Comment