Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Having Fun with some CUTE FRUIT



Have you seen the CUTE FRUIT STAMP SET?  It's adorable.  If you looked in the annual catalog, you'd never find it.  It's in this great new publication, called The Beginner's Brochure.  It's a small catalog that was created for beginning stampers or stampers just looking for a quick and easy project.



The images are so cute and fun and it's so easy to make a colorful, happy card.  The best part is that there are little faces that you can stamp on your fruit.  How else would they be so cute? They also sell the stamps as part of a set that also includes an acrylic block, Whisper White cardstock and an assortment of Classic Stampin' Spots.  A perfect set for a beginner to have great success with their very first project.




For my card, I pulled out many of my favorite BRIGHTS.  I used a GRANNY APPLE GREEN card base cut at 8-1/2in by 5-1/2in, scored at 4-1/4in.  I used a fun technique to make the panel on the front of the card.  I cut a piece of Whisper White at 3in by 4in. I then took an acrylic block just a bit larger than the panel and covered the face of it with GRANNY APPLE GREEN INK.  I then took a mister and sprayed water on the block to make some water droplets.  I then placed it down on the cardstock panel. I let it rest a minute until the panel was covered in ink. Then I dried it using my HEAT TOOL.  For the splatters, I used my GRANNY APPLE GREEN BLEND and flicked the ink using the cap on the brush tip side. I "roughed up" the edges a bit with my bone folder to give it more dimension.  Using TOMBOW, I adhered the panel to the front of my card as shown.  I then stamped the fruit and fussy cut them out with my PAPER SNIPS.  The colors I used were MAGENTA MADNESS and GRANNY APPLE GREEN for the watermelon, CRUSHED CURRY and GRANNY APPLE GREEN for the pineapple and DAFFODIL DELIGHT and SOFT SUEDE for the banana.  Don't forget the little smiley face using TUXEDO BLACK MEMENTO INK. For the sentiment, I used a strip of WHISPER WHITE cardstock cut at 3in by 1/4in.




For my 3D item, I made a cute little hand sanitizer box.  As you all know, hand sanitizer has become a hot commodity due to the pandemic.  For a while, I couldn't even find any.  Now that things have settled a bit, I was able to by some Watermelon Lemonade mini hand sanitizer from Bath and Body Works ONLINE. 

 
To start, you will need a piece of MELON MAMBO cardstock cut at 3-3/4in by 6in. On the LONG side, score at 1in, 2-3/4in, 3-3/4in and 5-1/2in.  On the SHORT side score at 1in. I then take my 2in CIRCLE PUNCH and cut a curved section out of the large panel that is between the two 1in-wide panels.  After trimming, your box should look like this template below.


To decorate the box, I took an 8in by 11-1/2in piece of WHISPER WHITE card stock and make my own "CUTE FRUIT DSP."  I used MELON MAMBO and GRANNY APPLE GREEN ink for the watermelons.  I used DAFFODIL DELIGHT and SOFT SUEDE for the bananas and lemons and CALYPSO CORAL for the oranges.  I stamped the SMILE sentiment using TUXEDO BLACK MEMENTO INK. I randomly stamped the images all over the cardstock.  It's really fun making your own designer series paper.  Here's what mine ended up looking like.  I cut the cardstock into 2in strips to use on my boxes.


After wrapping the 2in strip around the box, I finished the product with a 1in circle for a tag with the "you're one in a melon" sentiment in MELON MAMBO ink.  The tag was tied on using the POLKA DOT TULLE RIBBON.

The video tutorial below shows how the card and the box comes together.





Thanks as always for visiting my blog.  If you have any questions about the products or the tutorial, please email me at blreed@comcast.net.  

Happy Stamping,

Barb Reed 
The Wexford Stamper


No comments:

Post a Comment