Thursday, August 19, 2021

MAKE THIS ADORABLE SUNSHINE GIFT BAG featuring the Sharing Sunshine Stamp Set and the New INCOLOR DSP

 


When I was a child, a friend of mine got very sick and needed at least a week, maybe more to recuperate.  When getting ready to go for a visit, my mom suggested we put together a SUNSHINE BOX.  A what????  A Sunshine Box is the gift that keeps on giving.  It contains many small gifts instead of one big gift that can be opened one at at time each day.  We even put the day of the week the gift was to be opened on the tag of each wrapped box.  I was so excited to take this to my friend because I knew it was a gift that would last a whole week.  She was so surprised to receive this unique gift that I never forgot the concept and have given different forms of a Sunshine Box for my whole adult life.  More recently, the color theme has become part of the gift so I am always will to jump on th latest trend, choosing the sunny color YELLOW for my gift bag contents. 

The SHARING SUNSHINE Stamp Set was a perfect match for this gift idea.  The cute sun image and the versatile sentiments make this a great set to have in your stash.


While browsing through PINTEREST, I noticed that there were some cards created using this set and pairing it with POLISHED PINK Designer Series Paper.  I loved the combination, so I decided to make the bag using POLISHED PINK and CRUSHED CURRY for the sun.  The paper I used was in the new INCOLOR 6X6 PAPER STACK.  I love the new INCOLORS and I get so much use out of this stack because it gives you a variety of colors that match perfectly with the coordinating cardstock and the DSP has a variety of patterns in each color.


For the base of the gift bag, I used a piece of POLISHED PINK card stock measuring 5in by 2-1/2in, scored on all four sides at 1/2in.  I then took that piece of card stock, snipped the flaps loose and created a thin rectangular box.  

I then took two sheets of the POLISHED PINK DSP cut at 6in by 4-1/2in.  These panels will form the body of the bag.  The panels go on in a landscape orientation with TEAR & TAPE applied to the bottom of each panel and the sides of the front panel.  Carefully adhere the back panel first, following along the base created with the card stock.  Do the same with the front panel, then carefully adhere the sides together.  

Cut five 1/2in by 11in strips of POLISHED PINK card stock for the binding along the top, bottom and sides of the bag.  I used TEAR & TAPE to adhere them to the bag, cut off the excess and secured the ends with TOMBOW.

For the tag on the bag, start with a piece of POLISHED PINK card stock cut at 4in by 2-1/4in, scored at 1in on the long side.  Cut out a 3/8in CRUSHED CURRY circle and stamp the sun's face image on it using MEMENTO BLACK INK and POLISHED PINK INK for the cheeks.  On a 1-7/8in BASIC WHITE circle, stamp the sun rays image in CRUSHED CURRY INK.  Attach the sun together using DIMENSIONALS and then adhere the sun to the POLISHED PINK tag using DIMENSIONALS.  Create the flag at the bottom of the tag using the TAILORED LABEL PUNCH.  Fold at the 1in score line and adhere it to the inside of the bag using TOMBOW. I added a 3/4in by 11in strip of POLISHED PINK for the handle then tied a bow on top using the beautiful WHITE GLITTERED ORGANDY RIBBON.

The video below shows how the gift bag came together.




If you are interested in a downloadable PDF, click the link below.


All the products used for this project are available for purchase at my online store.  Just click the link below and get shopping.


Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I hope you are feeling inspired to get creative yourself.  Next week I will be back at my regular Tuesday FB LIVE streaming day.  Join me live or check my blog for all the project details.

Keep on Stamping,

Barb Reed
The Wexford Stamper




No comments:

Post a Comment